Whether prison or education is the best way to decrease crime or not

RAY93 35 / 186 136  
In many countries prisons is considered the best way to decrease crime. However, education is often argued to be more effective way. Which opinion do you most agree with?

Each country has imprisonment systems prove the effectiveness of this to reduce the number of crimes. Even so, people argued that education is the best way rather than jail. I extremely agree that hard punishment need to control the offenders behave whereas education is only preventive technique.

The function of education, especially moral and attitudes classes is to teach people to differ good and wrong, to inform about the socially acceptable values and to train them to behave properly. This gives a fundamental thinking of how to act as the part of social life like what they got in behaviorism subject. Particularly, this is just a preventive technique since people have options whether they want to be a good guy or a bad guy, they even realize the consequence. As a result, we can't fully rely on the sophisticated or latest education system ever to reduce the crime rate.

In addition, I believe the most effective solution is to jail those crime agents since prison system is not only about restrict the freedom from real-outside world as their punishment, but also train them with several skills during prisoned, so they can be skilled person after release. In most countries, similarly, training and education even religious speech, given to prisoners to enhance their self-esteem and quality of life so they hopefully can enhance their own life and not to offender anymore. Then, as the scariest punishment, prison also educates people jailed there, it is not only reducing the crime but also given the second chance for the prisoners to be a good person.

To conclude, educational management and institutions only is not the best way to reduce crime since prison is also train hard and soft skills albeit just chaining people. Thus, I believe to jail the crime agent is always the most reliable options.
Lita27 16 / 21 2  
Each country has imprisonment systems prove the effectiveness of this to reduce the number of crimes. Even so, people argued that education is the best ...

I am a bit confused with your first sentence. You may consider my suggestion regarding your introduction.

Most countries implement imprisonment as the great system to reduce violation. Nevertheless, it is reckoned by some that education is a better approach since it is more effective to control crime. I extremely agree that severe punishment should be given to penalize offenders, whereas education should only be a preventive method.

My advice is you should use proper collocations for certain words. For instance, cruel/harsh/serious/severe punishment. I have not found the collocations of hard punishment.

Home / Writing Feedback / Whether prison or education is the best way to decrease crime or not