Task 2: Private and public area in carrying out scientific research

httlinh 1 / -  
Topic:
Scientific research should be carried out and controlled by the governments rather than private companies.

Do you agree or disagree?

At present, scientific research across the world is performed by both governments and private companies. While I agree that private firms could carry out this research, I also believe that the states should assume responsibility for conducting them.

On the one hand, there are several reasons why private companies should be enabled to execute scientific research. The first reason is that this could help to reduce pressure in the state budget. As a result, citizens have to pay lower taxes, and authority would have more cash to spend on different fields such as infrastructure or economic development. Another reason is that scientific research which is managed by private firms usually complete quickly and efficiently. Because of profit motivation, companies tend to hasten the investigated process by spending more money and engaging much competent staff for projects. For example, a company called Tesla had carried out massive research in order to produce electric cars and introduce them to the market in 2014.

On the other hand, it is wrong to reject the argument in favour of the control of authorities on scientific research. Government- decision making is the best way to prioritize expenditure on essential areas of research which can be helpful for society in the present and future. For example, developing renewable energy of government is necessary to meet growing demand and ensure national security. Providing funding for universities to study is one of the ways to yield high- quality research which do not aim to break into a new market or gain a competitive edge. Thus, the knowledge gained can be shared worldwide throughout the community.

In conclusion, it is ludicrous to compare the function of private area and public area in carrying out scientific research because they are components in research activities.
You cannot have a partial opinion for this essay. There is no "extent" reference in the original prompt so you only have 2 choices. Either you agree or disagree. You can only defend one side in this essay. The reason for this is because you are not being instructed to compare and contrast or discuss advantages and disadvantages in the essay. You are merely being asked to pick one side and use 2 strong reasons to justify your opinion. You failed to do that in the essay which means you did not understand the discussion instructions. Your conclusion also fails to properly summarize the discussion topic and presentation points. Aside from being a run-on sentence, you also failed to present 3 sentences (minimum) in that section. So the overall approach to the writing of this essay is problematic and could result in a failing score for you in an actual test.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2: Private and public area in carrying out scientific research