THE PROBLEM OF USE PLASTICS AND REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE

edsielbernados1 1 / -  

Writing about Bioplastics

The first known plastic is known as bakelite. It was first developed by Baekeland in 1907. Plastics are known to be lightweight, durable, and can be molded into any shape. According to Geyer, Jambeck, et al. (2017), plastics have been produced about 8.3 billion metric tons since its invention. Bioplastic materials are estimated to supply and gradually replace some fossil oil-based materials in the upcoming decades (Harnkarnsujarit, 2021). Through this, the food packaging has been increasingly significant in the food industry as innovations in functionality are aiming for convenience. Many efforts have been made in order to create starch-based polymers to save petrochemical resources and reduce environmental effect. The introduction of biodegradable polymers are possible canditate for food packaging as polymers that can decompose into CO2, CH4, H2O, inorganic chemicals, or biomass, primarily by the enzymatic action of microorganisms (Folino, et al. 2020). As studied by Arkan and Bilgen (2019), they discovered that the use of bioplastic made from potato peel bioplastic proved to be effective. Potato peel bioplastic has a greater capability for water absorption than commercial bioplastics resulting to be potentially used as a packing material.
When you review related literature, you do not cite these informations ources as if you were writing the introduction or a paragraph in your regular essay. Rather, you present your understanding of the written work of the author, individually. You explain the content of the book by using a proper literature review format, the style of which you can find from many online sources. The only requirement from you, as the writer, is to properly summaruze the content of the literature, without discussing how it relates to your discussion. However, you must mention the relevance of the literature to the topic of plastics and what makes the author of the piece a notable figure or authority on the subject of plastics.

Right now, this sounds more like you only summarized citations from within the work of the various authors, rather than reviewing the literature based on an actual reading and understanding of each person's work. For a literature review, think about what makes the work good or bad, then review it on that basis. What do you agree with? Why? Why not? What debate does it respond to? Does it do so effectively? How? These are but some of the revirew questions you can consider as you develop your literature review per author.

Home / Writing Feedback / THE PROBLEM OF USE PLASTICS AND REVIEW OF RELATED LITERATURE