Problems & Solutions of a growing gap between technical skills of younger people and those over 50

bmlgoeb 1 / -  

technical skills disparity among generations

In the contemporary world, rapid advances in technology and the lack of technical training in over fifty-year-old people have resulted in a growing gap between the technology-using ability of those people and the young. This has resulted in serious consequences which should be addressed urgently. This essay will analyze the problems and suggest some feasible measures to tackle this trend.

The first problem is that elderly people face a range of difficulties in accessing some services as well as communicating at present. It is undeniable that technology such as online banking or ID purchasing has become prevalent nowadays, which means that older people may suffer hardship from using these services in daily life. In addition, they find it complex to integrate into society with advanced means of communication and social media. One possible solution would be to encourage their younger family members to teach them basic technical skills to keep up with the development since they are close and willing to go together with them. Nevertheless, many elderly people do not have children to accompany them with approaching technology.

Another issue of this trend is that there could be a deficiency in technological well-trained human resources. Although governments, society concentrate most efforts on training younger people, not all people who are over the age of fifty have retired and this disparity leads to the lack of technical skills for work between older people. Consequently, the quality of employees may decrease and there exists a high rate of unemployment among older people. Some people believe that the most effective answer is to offer older people opportunities to engage in some training course to compensate for skills they are missing. However, many older people may not be willing to attend the classes or afford the tuition fees.

In conclusion, the widening gap of technical skills between younger people and those over fifty results in a range of difficulties that older people face in daily life and a deficiency in technological well-trained human resources. From my perspective, more expenditure should be spent equally on technical skills training to minimize the gap.
Technical skills are only related to profession /work related abilities. The writers first reasoning paragraph is totally unrelated to the discussion. The reference is based on social needs, not technical requirements. That paragraph will be disregarded as a supporting statement related to the topic. It will not be given any scoring allowance. Now, the inclusion of this paragraph helped the writer meet the word count but,it caused the essay to provide an under-developed explanation with only one paragraph presenting a related discussion. So the essay has a discussion coherence problem due to the 2nd missing supporting statement. The C + C score will be low due to this presentation error. The essay may not recieve a passing mark due to the large score deduction in the aforementioned section.

Home / Writing Feedback / Problems & Solutions of a growing gap between technical skills of younger people and those over 50