WT1 process: the diagram illustrates how sugar is generated from sugar cane

congpvppro 1 / -  

the manufacturing process for making sugar from sugar cane

A glance at the diagram illustrates how sugar is generated from sugar cane. Overall the process of making sugar involves 7 main stages beginning with the growing period of sugar cane and ending with the drying as well as cooling sugar.

Firstly, it takes 12 to 18 months for sugar cane to be fully grown. Then it is collected by farmers or machines. Once the sugar cane has been harvested, it is then crushed into juice. After having been crushed, the juice is purified in a filter, which is made of limestone.

When the juice is completely purified, it is transferred to an evaporator where it is boiled by heat, then transform into syrups. The next step is taking the sugar crystals out of syrups, which is done by a centrifuge. Finally, those, which are separated from the syrups, are then put into a container to be dried together with cooled.
The essay is too short to be considered for full scoring considerations. Providing only the minimum word count will not help increase the scoring allowance of the essay. The total essay should number between 175 - 200 words. Never instruct the reader to look at the image either. That is because this is a reporting essay that explains the procedure to the reader.

There cannot be "7 main stages". There can only be one main stage in this case, with other "manufacturing stages" involved. Such a mistake in reference presentation shows that the writer does not have a good grasp of English words, its meaning, and how these are used in sentence structuring.

boiled by heat

Another incorrect grammar reference. Boiling is, by default, done by heat and is self explanatory to the reader. I believe that the exam taker should focus on his vocabulary development and how these are used in sentences.

juice

syrups

Incorrect usage of S v. P. Once a reference is made in singular at the start, it cannot suddenly be changed into plural form towards the end.

Overall, the problems in the essay involve sentence structure and correct word usage. These should be the focus of the student's ESL classes so that he can improve his writing skills.

Home / Writing Feedback / WT1 process: the diagram illustrates how sugar is generated from sugar cane