IELTS Writing Task 1: Process Diagram of Producing Reliable Forecasts

selinastchen 2 / 3 1  
Please give me some advice! Thanks a lot.

how a good weather forecast is made?

The picture illustrates the process performed by the Australian Bureau of Meteorology of collecting weather information, analyzing and presenting accurate weather reports.

There are four steps required to come up with a brief broadcast. Weather information collecting and the analysis to the sources must be done prior to the design of the broadcast, which will be delivered through different platforms while all the materials are well-prepared.

To speak more precisely, attribute and spatial data should be collected through different facilities, including satellite, radar, and drifting buoy, in the first case. With the data, professionals may analyze the information through specific techniques, which satellite photo, radar screen, and synoptic chart will be illustrated respectively according to data collected with each method. Prediction to the weather for the coming week will at the same time be completed during this process.

With all the materials gathered in computers, technician may begin to organize the lines and storyboards of the weather report. There are various ways to deliver messages to the audience, either TV newsreader, radio, or recorded announcement are all accessible ways to deliver broadcasts. Whether successfully transforming difficult messages into straightforward programms target to the public is one of the most important topics to produce forecasts.

nimbus2k2 8 / 25 6  
Hello! Here are some advice:

"... and the analysis to the sources" may sound more sensible.

"With the data, professionals may...": this long sentence should be split into 2 shorter ones.

There are some prepositions that needs correction. For example "through specific techniques" or "prediction to the weather for the coming week". Just keep checking whether there are similar mistakes in your writing!

Either - or is used when there are only 2 objects mentioned.

One last thing, your final sentence is unecessary. This is Task 1 and you have had an overview, there's no need to include a concluding sentence. Btw there are lots of mistakes in it.

Hope you find my feedback useful!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing Task 1: Process Diagram of Producing Reliable Forecasts