Task 1 : production of vegetables in 5 different countries.

Iloveielts 8 / 16 1  

summarise the information from the table

The table compares the amount of 3 different vegetables (potatoes, cabbage and onions) produced in 5 different countries in 2012. Overall, the initial impression is that potatoes are the only product that all five examined nations grew. It can also be seen that China was the largest producer of such vegetables.

In 2012, the quantity of potatoes produced in China was 9214 Mt, which was the highest figure of all countries and more 100 times higher than that of the second highest Ireland (72Mt). Meanwhile, there was a small number of potatoes manufactured in Spain and Brazil, at 2Mt and 3Mt respectively. In terms of Cabbage, the difference can be seen as the second largest manufacturer - Russia produced only roughly 300 Mt fewer than China, 2765 compared to 3187. Additionally, this vegetable was not favored in Brazil with 0 Mt produced.

When it comes to Onions, the similar allocation could be seen as China still occupied the first position in onion production, with the figure at over 2600 Mt. Next in ranking was Russia with an average of 2039 Mt manufactured. In contrast, there was very few onions grown in Ireland and Spain. While the former only accounted for 5 Mt, there was no onions produced in the latter.

The trending statement is overextended. There needs to be only one trend presented since the amount of potatoes produced by China should factor into the comaparative analysis paragraph that relates to the vegetables produced by China. There should also be 3 reporting paragraphs since there are 3 vegetables meant for averaging in the report. One vegetable per paragraph, 5 countries analyzed in every paragraph. Do not merge the discussion for the vegetables in the same paragraph. It creates confusion for the reader, resulting in difficulty following the paragraph discussion. The presentation becomes awkward and lacks authority in its statement due to the lack of coherent discussion sentences. Keep the focus on one item at a time and compare these between the 5 countries. That way the paragraph does not lose its subject focus.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 1 : production of vegetables in 5 different countries.