Who is a professional banker? A person takes up challenges

kmanning68 2 / 2  
This is supose to be a simple 5 paragraph essay.

The professional banker

The term banker describes a very broad profession. In this line of work one does various things. A banker can help you through every step you take in life, from birth to death. These steps could begin when first opening an account as a child to helping them close an account when one dies as well as everything in between, assisting people get various types of loans, and working out any issues that may arise.

Many people's journey with a bank may begin, when their parents or grandparents open up a Savings account for them. As the customer gets older, and the need arises they may want to open a Checking account. The customer may not be satisfied with the rates on those types of accounts, and they may want to open up a Money Market Savings account. When wanting to put money away, one would choose a Certificate of Deposit. If the customer is looking for a long term investment or Individual Retirement account that earns high returns, they can be referred to a Financial Services Consultant. In the event that one passes away, there are decedent services that can help the surviving customer to get all finances in order.

There are lots of types of loans the can be offered to a customer. A personal signature loan is a type of loan that is covered by no collateral. This type of loan can be used for various purposes, from taking a trip to paying off some other high rate bills. Car or motorcycle loans can be for a new or used vehicle or motorcycle. A Secured loan is another option that can be used, the way that this type of loan works is that one would put up enough money to cover the amount of money that they need to use. Until that loan is paid off the funds would be put on hold. Most banks and credit unions also offer Home loans; these consist of Mortgage Loans and Home Equity Loans.

The most dreaded side of banking is when problems arise. At times, part of a banker's job may be letting the customer know that their loan or credit card payment is past due or that their checking account is overdrawn. Other issues that arise can be from something as simple as helping a customer balance their checkbook, to something as devastating as someone committing fraud. Fraud is a big concern to bankers, this can happen easily when someone steals ones debit or credit cards or their checks. Most of the time the customer doesn't realize that they are gone until a brief time later.

Being a professional banker can be a challenging and rewarding profession. Most will love the interaction as they get to know people in all stages of their life. Weather at the beginning or end, just maybe the impact that you left on that customer's life will help them on their journey.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You've written a good essay! I have a few editing suggestions:

These steps could begin when first opening an account as a child to helping them close an account when one dies as well as everything in between, assisting people get various types of loans, and working out any issues that may arise. - You have just said the banker can help you from birth, but now you are saying the steps begin during childhood. Better might be to say "Whether assisting a child to open his first bank account or helping someone close one when a family member dies, the banker is there to assist people with their financial issues."

Car or motorcycle loans can be for a new or used vehicle or motorcycle. - Technically, a motorcycle is a vehicle, so you could delete "or motorcycle" and eliminate the repetition.

A Secured loan is another option that can be used. The way that this type of loan works is

Fraud is a big concern to bankers. This can happen easily when someone steals one's debit or credit cards or [delete "their"] checks.

Whether at the beginning or end, the impact a banker makes on that customer's life will help them on their journey. - Don't switch to second person at the end ("you")

Great job!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP kmanning68 2 / 2  
Thanks for your help!

Home / Writing Feedback / Who is a professional banker? A person takes up challenges