Some professors claim that learning a foreign language should be started in the earliest grades

Ucha MSN 17 / 26 4  
Some experts believe that is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.
Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

In order to communicate well in global era, some educational professors claim that learning a foreign language should be started in the earliest grades in school rather than in high school level. Personally, I assume that a couple of benefits outweigh the drawbacks. Therefore, there are valid arguments on the both sides, which I will discuss now.

On the one hand, it is often said that acquiring foreign language will be much better since we were a child because children are able to imitate language than adolescence. This also supported by the theory of second language and learning acquisition which is stated that Critical Period Hypothesis or the age between 3 - 12 years old is the golden age to acquire or learn second/foreign language. For instance, kids who enrolled in international kindergarten until elementary school are able to speak English well because they get used to converse on it. In addition, a reasonable learning foreign language since childhood become good foundation for the next stage or school level because nowadays many books and social networking are written or spoken in foreign language such as English.

On the other hand, learning foreign language in primary level has several drawbacks. One problem is that students will be frustrated in the school because they have been given many compulsory subjects including mathematics, sciences, and even their first language. So, children may not be able to focus on their lessons because too many subjects must be done. Another issue is that childhood is the period in which they played more than learning. As a result, many children cannot enjoy their early stages like others.

All in all, regarding to both point of views, it seems that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages for the children who started to learn foreign language in primary grades.
Dioba 68 / 104 7  
Hi ucha,i give some suggestions, perhaps useful for you.

... will be much bettersince we were a child because children are able to ... ----> since=because=as have same meaning, it is means redundancy in one sentence.

... by the theory of a second language and (...) acquire or learn a second/foreign language.

One problem is that students will be ...
Another issue is that childhood is the period ... -----> if you mention another issue, so in the early sentence it must be " one of the problems is"
akbarmappiare 31 / 469 275  
Hi Ucha,,
These are a few suggestions to improve your score in this essay
Please, review my notes and deal with them

rather than in high school level

Secondary school has different meaning with the high school. It is better if you only write its original word rather than you paraphrase but making fault.

I assume that a couple of benefits

Avoid using word "assume".. I TEND TO STATE THAT A COUPLE OF BENEFITS

On the one hand, it is often said that acquiring LEARNING foreign language will (...) a child PERIOD because children are able to imitate language EASIER than adolescence. This IS also supported by the theory of THE second language and learning acquisition, which is stated that Critical Period (...) or learn THE second/foreign language.

... who enrolled in AN international kindergarten ...
... since childhood become A good foundation for (...) or spoken in THE foreign language such as English RENOWNED AS THE INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE.

.., learning THE foreign language in primary ...
So CONSEQUENTLY , children may not be able to focus on ...
... childhood is the period in which WHERE they played more than learning. As a result, many A GREAT NUMBER OF children cannot enjoy ...

All in all, regarding to both point of views, it (...) started to learn THE foreign language ...(Honestly, your conclusion is less sharpen because I have not found why you said that learning the foreign language in the primary school is better than in the secondary. I believe you can make it better.)

Home / Writing Feedback / Some professors claim that learning a foreign language should be started in the earliest grades