A profile article on an Idol's contestant who made it to the top 9

khumalo 1 / 2  
Phakamani Mngomezulu better known as "Phaksy" to his fans managed to top the charts of the country's toughest singing competition, Idols Phaksy. A mere boy, whose humble character could've had you fooled.

The Idols team were on a mission once again, in search of individuals with an outstanding musical talent. The search attracted an orchestra of musicians from around the country. Thousands of hopefuls flocked to these grueling auditions and amongst the thousands was none other then our campus star, Phaksy.

Phaksy swept the panel of four judges off their feet at his first round of auditions and proceeded onto a more intense round of the competition. This extremely talented, tender-hearted young man who discovered his music talent at the young age of 10 years old, and with no past experience he embraced the challenge.

"I have never entered any singing competition before, Idols was my first." Making it through to the first round of the competition was not only a dream come true for Phaksy but a beginning of a promising musical Journey. This meant that he had to pack his bags, leave Durban, put his studies on hold and head for Johannesburg to pursue his dream. Phaksy realised he was up against a great challenge as he admitted the competition was stiff:"Around South Africa there are a lot of great singers."

"Being on Idols has boosted my confidence. It has opened up many opportunities."
Phaksy Is evidence of South Africa's growing musical talent. He made it to the single digits, Idol's Top nine, being the youngest male contestant at a mere age of 20years old and in a group that was dominated by females. He did not only amaze millions of viewers by making it to the top 9, but he too, was astonished:

" I was shocked, surprised, not that I didn't have faith in myself."
Being obviously disappointed about his eventual elimination from the competition, Phaksy has looked in to the bright side of things. "Being on idols has boosted my confidence. It has opened up many opportunities."

Phaksy is still passionate about music and now has a more vivid vision.
"I am definitely considering a career in music." It has been an incredible journey for him and we thank Phaksy for representing our campus, Varsity College and gracing our television screens with his remarkable performances.
Phakamani Mngomezulu better known as "Phaksy" to his fans managed to top the charts of the country's toughest singing competition, Idols Phaksy.---I don't think the competition was called 'Idols Phaksy', but that's what this sentence makes it seem like.

The Idols team was on a mission once again, in search of individuals with an outstanding musical talent.

Thousands of hopefuls flocked to these grueling auditions and amongst the thousands was none other than our campus star, Phaksy.

Phaksy swept the panel of four judges off their feet during his first round of auditions, then proceeded on to a more intense round of the competition.

This extremely talented, tender-hearted young man who discovered his music talent at the young age of 10 years old, and with no past experience he embraced the challenge.

Making it through to the first round of the competition was not only a dream come true for Phaksy but the beginning of a promising musical j ourney.

Phaksy realized he was up against a great challenge as he admitted the competition was stiff: "A round South Africa there are a lot of great singers."

"Being on idols has boosted my confidence. It has opened up many opportunities." ---You wrote this twice!

Have fun in school and good luck!

:)
OP khumalo 1 / 2  
Thank you SO MUCH susan!!! your corrections were very clear, It helped alot.

Home / Writing Feedback / A profile article on an Idol's contestant who made it to the top 9