Prognosis - The proportion of US energy being produced and consumed from 1950 to 2000

athachng2002 3 / 5 7  

trends of us energy productions

The line graph illustrates the proportion of US energy being produced and consumed from 1950 to 2000, together with the prediction in 2025. It is divided into 3 stages of 25 years.

Overall, there is an onward trend in these two figures over 75 years, during which the energy consumption rate outweighed the amount that America produced.

With regards to energy production, the period of time between 1950 and 1975 saw a substantial rise from 25 to 60 units. After 1975, however, the number fluctuated and only increased a mere 5% in 2000. It is predicted to be followed by a less considerable increase until it reached 80 units in 2025.

The consumption rate, on the other hand, had a more constant increase. Although it followed the same pattern to the other during the first 25 years, the trend returned to its former speed after fluctuation. 90 units of energy was used up in 2000, and the number may jump enormously to 130 in 2025.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@athachng2002
Thanks for being here once more. I'm here again to give you feedback on your writing. I'm hope this somehow helps you. Beforehand, please do note that you should try to always include the graph when you're writing for feedback.

The first paragraph's structure is a bit excessive with the attached phrase. Try to incorporate this phrase to the general chunk of the sentence - instead of it being wide in the open. Doing this will certainly help your writing appear more put-together.

The rest of the essay appears to be quite alright. What I only would push forward from this point would be to try to rephrase your wording in a way that'll be increasingly beneficial for the readers. For instance, the last paragraph's first sentence was quite an odd match. Instead of saying it was "a more constant increase," you could have said that it was "a consistent increase." Notice how more relevant the latter is over the former.

Home / Writing Feedback / Prognosis - The proportion of US energy being produced and consumed from 1950 to 2000