IELTS Task2; TV programmes are transmitted throughout the day and night

lazk 1 / 1 1  
In some countries,TV programmes are transmitted throughout the day and night. Some people think that 24-hour TV transmission is a positive development, while others it is negative.What is your opinion?

----------------------------------------------------------------- ------

In the present age, whether TV programs should transmit throughout the day and night has sparked much debate. Some people assert that 24 -hour TV transmission is positive development while many other people argue that it is negative. personally, I am favor of the former view.

There are reasons for some people believe that we benefit from the 24-hour TV. First of all, it is the responsibility of TV station to provide many kinds of selections to different people; therefore, we can watch our favorite programs when we intend to watch TV even during evening. moreover, the income of TV station will be increased by broadcasting more programs. specifically, more advertisers also welcome this situation. lastly, some people suffer from insomnia, but now they do not worry about how to kill the time after midnight. in other words, TV programs are available 24 hours a day will be welcomed by someone.

Admittedly, there are some disadvantages when TV networks never sleep. the reason for this is that watching too much TV wastes our time. obviously, it is harmful to these teenagers especially. even so, benefit the development of technology, we can overcome this problem. for instance, the screen of TV may display some tips if someone watches too much.

In the summary, I would concede that broadcasting day and night with any break has some problem to solve. despite that, its advantages far outweigh its disadvantages. overall, I am convinced that the program quality should be improved.

----------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------

hello everyone, my goal is socre: 6, i want to know your suggestions, thanks very much !
rombos 4 / 6 2  
Hi, lazk
your ideas are good and to my mind you will surely get band 6 for this essay. All the best
william731 18 / 43 13  

better change some words, you should avoid direct copying from the question.
pP ersonally, I in am favor of the former view

... Throughout your essay,you begin sentences with simple letters. It's a bad habit for essay writing and not so applealing for us to read and provide you with comments :(

There are reasons for some peopleto believe that we benefit from the 24-hour TV.

Well... you hold the view that 24 hour service is bad. So, it's better you begin giving reasons for your opinion and not the reverse side.

If you wish to discuss both sides and have a balanced view, then state it so in the introduction;
Personally, I beleive that 24 hour transmissions can have both positive and negative effects on people.
personally, I am favor of the former view.

Personally, I am in favor of the former view. .. OR Personally, I support the former view

moreover, the income of TV station will be increased by broadcasting more programs.

I think you should present this before the previous reason because this is the main reason why we have 24 hr TV.

obviously, it is harmful to these teenagers especially.

It is especially harmful to teenagers.

You can talk about what kind of programs go on TV, and whether they are suitable for people of any age.
OP lazk 1 / 1 1  
rombos , thanks your encouragement ! now, i feel more confident.

william731 , thanks your very good and important suggestion !

dumi, and Pahan ,thanks your careful corrections !

thansk all of your so quick answers.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task2; TV programmes are transmitted throughout the day and night