Does the progress is always good for the society? Why? Or why not?

al50332 3 / 3  

advancement and the society

Many people think that the progress is always good to everyone in many fields such as academic, technology, city development and so on.... I believe most of the time this viewpoint is right but in the other side there are so many controversial issues and problems should be cared more and solved immediately. If the progress keeps improving without any complementary measures or prevention in advance I would not support it goes too fast.

For example there is a research that I read from Financial Time lately discussing pros and cons of sharing economy. Nowadays, if someone brings up this brand-new type of society phenomenon, some words might pop out in your mind right the way. The classic one is Uber.

Uber expends so fast and the market value is boosted in a very short time. I believe the main reason has a strong connection with the high popularizing rate of using mobile phones and apps for the global citizen. Yes, mobile phone is very convenient for the younger generation. But the Elder one is being ignored i the process. They are too old to ride a motor or dive a car, so the only left option is calling a taxi to go the destination. Statistic speaking, there are no more then 20% cabs can be called by simply raise or wave your hands, which means you have to stand aside of the streets and under the sun over 15 minutes to catch an available taxi because of the rest of ones are being reserved by Uber or some other similar apps, maybe stand for a long time in a strict weather is not a big deal for a healthy elder but unhealthy one is the opposite. From the article of Financial Time there is a huge part of elders don't know how to call a taxi by apps or UBER, and it causes a serious problem especially in developed countries.

I don't mean the progress is not good especially in this kind of society type which is every industry relying on technology. I strongly recommend every company when they are planning to build an empire, the social benefit for everyone no matter young or old, male or female should be considered into the corporate purpose and core value, otherwise the progress would not solve any problems but create more that is way I am not support it at some point.
@al50332 Please provide the original prompt that you are trying to respond to because I need it to base my observations of your essay on. I need to find out if you did anything right in the development of your essay response because at the moment, even without seeing the prompt, I can tell that there is a disparity within the discussion you presented and the original prompt you were provided for discussion. However, I cannot begin to point out the areas for improvement because I have no idea what the actual prompt you are responding to is. It is important that you always give me a copy of the complete prompt in its original form because that will always be the basis of the discussion advice that I will be giving you. At this moment, I can tell you that the paragraphs do not follow the proper 5 sentence maximum discussion requirement and you seem to be fixated on the discussion of particular technologies and business, based upon research, which will not do well for you in the actual test. I cannot direct you towards the proper response because you have not given me the original instructions for it. I hope that you can remember to deliver the original prompt the next time you post a practice essay. For now, I have to limit my observations and advice to what I have presented here.

Home / Writing Feedback / Does the progress is always good for the society? Why? Or why not?