IELTS TASK 2 - What is the proper dress code at work?

sharfina 35 / 21 5  
Some organisations believe that their employees should dress smartly. Others value quality of work above appearance.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

First impression is essential in workplace. For this reason, It is believed that perfect dress should be worn by employees since it gives rise to boost company's public image. Others, however, believe that work quality is a crucial factor for corporations to reach good progression.

Companies encourage their employees to wear appropriate dress as appearance reflects performance of ventures. Firstly, appearance creates an excellent impression among other workers since it can differentiate well-educated people from other people. As an obvious example, people wearing wrinkled or ill fitting clothing could send the message that they just threw something without much thought as well as less ambitious and this eventually leads to associating them less dedicated as an employee. Secondly, dress style can be characteristic for profesional company. To illustrate, 80 % multinational corporations in the world command their employees to look good and wear ironed clothing to get reputable image from public.

Although appearance is important factor for virtually companies, work quality should not be abandoned to reach a success for organisations. A 2015 recent Ohio university conducted 70% of reputable companies in America comprised of employees who wear a very simple uniform have many achievements since all of their staff are well-educated and smart. Besides, employers provide regularly training and courses every year. This action give rise to increase their employees's skill as well as quality. This show that quality of work is one of the essential factors to require career progression.

The aforementioned evidence reveals although some people believe that the best way to enhance public image about companies is dress appropriately. I would argue that, more attention should be paid on work quality in workplace to achieve good progression. It is imperative that smart in dressed and work aptitude is the best combination for company.
hypersis 7 / 24 7  
First impression is essential in at workplace.
... worn by employees since it gives rise to boosts company's public image.
... differentiate well-educated people from others people
... people wearing wrinkled or ill fitting clothing could send the message of carelessness that they just threw (...) as well as less ambitiousand this eventually leads to associating them less dedicated as an employee. and this will eventually represent them as irresponsible employees

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 - What is the proper dress code at work?