The proportion of US people who had meals in fast-food restaurants in three separate years

jemm 1 / -  

The chart below shows how frequently people in the USA ate in fast food restaurants

The given bar graph compares the proportion of US people who had meals in fast-food restaurants in three separate years (2003, 2006, and 2013).

Looking at the graph, it is clear that most Americans went to fast-food restaurants once a week and once or twice a month. It is also transparent that only a few people ate fast food every day.

In 2003, the proportion of Americans who ate fast food once a week at restaurants registered more than 30 percent. This figure slightly increased to approximately 33 percent in the next three years; however, in 2013, this had decreased to around 27%. An opposite pattern was witnessed in the allocation of US people consuming fast food once or twice a month, where it fell by 5 percent from exactly one-third in the first three years before considerably rose to about 33 percent at the end of the period.

The proportion of people who ate fast food several times a week fluctuated between 16 percent and a fifth, which were slightly higher compares to those who only consume fast food a few times a year (13% to 15%). The percentage of daily eaters and who never ate this type of food stood at a remarkably low figure, ranging from 3 to 5 percent in the surveyed period.

A complete summary overview will allow the reader to get an idea of the type of measurement provided by the image. This presentation does not indicate any measurement type, so the reader is not informed about that important point, as it relates to the trending statement. While the summary overview is creative, it lacked a piece of information that is expected by the examiner.

before considerably rose

- Considerably rising
- The presentation connotes an active comparison of the measurement even though it has happened in the past. Therefore, an active reference should be used in the comparison. Rose relates to a past completed action but, that is not how the presentation was set up. Be aware of tense usage in relation to action clarity within the paragraph.

The report itself sounds complete. I cannot be sure since the image was not provided. The reader comes away from it informed about the missing image. That is a good thing because the whole point of this report is to make sure that the writer can present an accurate and imaginative data presentation that will not confuse or misinform the reader.
SaraOm 3 / 6 1  
that most of the Americans
that only a few people

had decreased to upto around 27%.

In my point of view, the pattern you write is attractive and can bind the examiner with a good impression. They way you use complex sentences is admirable. As a suggestion if the overview can be written in more a more coherent way, you can hit a better band. Good luck.

Home / Writing Feedback / The proportion of US people who had meals in fast-food restaurants in three separate years