The proportions of British students speaking another language in 2000 and 2010

nhidd 1 / 1 1  

not many british students know different language than english

The pie charts give datas on the percentage of British students, who attended in a university of England, had ability to speak a foreign laguage , between 2000 and 2010.

Overall, the proportion of students who only spoke English took the major. The scale of learners who knew German experienced the same in two years.

Students speaking no other language made up 30% of the total in 2010, over the next ten years it climbed more than a third. Following this upward trend are those people who spoke a different or other languages , 15% for the former and one in ten for the letter.

In 2000, Spanish was the second popular language amongst British student in a university, i.e 20%, and French took the third of 15%. Comparing to 2010, there was a decrease in the rates of poken Spanish and French, 10% for indiviuals. Another striking point is that, German spoken by British students remain constanly in 10%.

Nhi, when you compose your summary statement, make sure that you provide a complete overview for all the information in the essay. In this instance, you failed to include the types of languages that are going to be compared in the succeeding paragraphs. That is part of the all too important essay outline that needs to be presented to help the reader keep track of the forthcoming discussions. You must also learn to always present a paragraph in at least 3 sentences. Stand alone sentences composed of one line as you have in this essay do not qualify as a complete paragraph and will lower your overall score. The comparison discussions in this essay, which are an expected / mandatory part of the presentation is immensely weak because of the under developed paragraphs This also shows that you did not bother to analyze the pie charts in order to make comparisons where needed. Thus severely lowering your chances of getting a passing score with this essay.
OP nhidd 1 / 1 1  
thank you so so much

Home / Writing Feedback / The proportions of British students speaking another language in 2000 and 2010