Pros and cons of getting news from the Internet rather than read newspapers or watching TV.

ZacharyDang13 1 / -  
Many people no longer read newspapers or watch TV news programmes. Instead they get news about the world from the Internet.

Is this a positive or negative development?

With the advent of technological advancement, it is a heated debate about whether receiving news from the Internet poses beneficial outcomes or adverse ones. This essay would analyze and discuss both merits and demerits of this phenomenon.

To begin with, updating the news on the Internet has proven its advantages in recent years. It is undeniable that the Internet provides human beings with a proficient tool to get access to encyclopedic knowledge and keep abreast with current affairs from all over the world in the blink of an eye. Moreover, by making use of the ubiquity of the Internet, people no longer have to purchase the newspaper, as a result, it would lessen the number of trees cut down for newspaper production. Overall, it would be more economical for Internet users and more eco-friendly to the environment.

On the other hand, getting the news from the Internet might hold some undesirable impacts on the users. First and foremost, unreliable and invalid sources of information could spread out some detrimental outcomes. It may cause serious damage to the nation's stability, security, and unity when it displays manipulative and exaggerated information in order to make people misunderstand the current situation, especially when it contains political or religious content in the news. In addition, uncensored content on the Internet might create some adverse impacts on children using social media. It may convince youngsters to hold skewed moral beliefs or concepts of many different aspects of life. As a result, it may destroy children's future paths and the young generation in general.

In conclusion, while the Internet and many social media platforms have proven their sufficiency in spreading out the news instantly, it is urgent for the government and its citizens to be aware of the Internet's drawbacks and join hands to find feasible solutions.
You have incorrectly restated the prompt. There was no debate indicated, only a factual statement. It should have been paraphrased as such. The writer's opinion was supposed to be a single opinion presentation, not a comparative discussion. Your task accuracy score will be a failed one seeing as you did not provide the expected response format in your first paragraph. As such, the rest of your scores cannot achieve a passing bracket because of the incorrect first paragraph. You have improperly discussed the essay throughout. Therefore, you cannot be given a passing consideration. You have just shown a lack of English comprehension skills at this point. You cannot pass the test when you did not follow the discussion instructions nor reword the prompt correctly.
anialee 3 / 5  
I don't think that you have stated whether the development is positive or negative?

Home / Writing Feedback / Pros and cons of getting news from the Internet rather than read newspapers or watching TV.