Task 2 pros and cons: ocean creatures relocated in amusement parks

Glenda2912 1 / -  

marine creatures for people's entertainment?

It is true that marine creatures can be transferred from ocean living environments to theme parks for people's entertainment. This trend would introduce both pros and cons, but I think that the drawbacks do outweigh the benefits.

On the one hand, it is clear that removed sea creatures would bring about several advantages. Changing the living environments of the sea animals would help to preserve marine diversity. Nowadays, many sea creatures have been extinct, so in this way, we can protect the ocean's diversity. Not only that, when ocean animals relocate in parks for people's recreation, humans would have more chances to gain knowledge about the oceans. For example, we can go to the aquariums to learn about various types of fishes and how they live.

On the other hand, I argue that the disadvantages of this development would be more important. Firstly, the relocation of creatures in aquariums is inhumane activity. From the distant past to the present day, society always towards benevolence, so this action is against the public standards of morality. For instance, according to modern animal rights, oblige sea animals to leave their natural environments would violate their rights to be protected. Secondly, this development can impact the marine life of the animals relocating to amusement parks. As evident is the change in habits of dolphins. The dolphins have lost almost their natural skills due to the fact that they have been trained for human entertainment.

In conclusion, it is worth considering that there are both strengths and weaknesses of the marine animals which leave their habitat to be relocated in theme parks. On the contrary, the positive aspects are eclipsed by its negative aspects.
Refrain from making factual statements in your presentations in relation to the restatements. You should not do that because you are not being asked to ascertain the accuracy of a given statement in the presentation. Rather, the presentation is only that of a topic sentence, which does not need any verification from the writer. Do not include writing actions that are not part of a proper restatement or response to the discussion question or instructions for the presentation.

As this is an "outweigh" discussion, there is no need to use a comparative discussion format. That is because you already stated a clear singular opinion in response to the discussion question. Both reasoning paragraphs will properly respond to the discussion requirement when you explain or defend only the side that you support or gave credence to in your thesis presentation.

The score is based on the clarity of your explanation of your point of view. You cannot achieve that when you give one opinion, but then try to defend both opinions in the reasoning paragraph. That creates an incoherent discussion presentation. It means your opinion is no longer clear to the reader because you went from believing in one opinion, to seeing the reason for both opinions. Meaning the task accuracy will be scored on an unclear opinion presentation, pulling down the possible score for that section and creating a heavy loss in your final scoring consideration.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 2 pros and cons: ocean creatures relocated in amusement parks