Prosanta Chakrabarty told, that his passion in life is looking at some hidden wonders of life

Iedha01 21 / 40  
TED SUMMARY: Clues to Prehistoric Times, Found In Blind Cave fish by Prosanta ChakraBarty

An Icthyologist, Prosanta Chakrabarty, told the audiences that his passion in life is looking at some hidden wonders of life. In recent years, he focused on caves where the habitat of cave fishes. They are being stuck in that little hole and has eyeless. It is caused by adapting that dark and cold cave environment, hence, over many generations they lose their eyesight. These cave fishes has evolved in a slightly different ways. The most interesting is regarding to their unique geological and biological which be able to tell us. It is a new species from Southern Indiana, as called Amblyopsis Hoosieri, its relative of cave fish in Kentucky. A few Millions ago, it has Rhodopsin, a super critical of sight. One more species comes, as called Typhloeotris Mararybe. That means big sickness in Malagasy. Thus, he tried to collect this species by swimming around sinkholes. These cavefishes are in Madagaskar, it's about 600 km away from Australia. He said that there is no way of a three-inch-long freshwater cave fish can swim across the Indian Ocean. Therefore, He has found the fact that they have been separated for more than 100 Million years by comparing DNA. He revealed that these species didn't move at all, but the continent moved them. He stated that cave fishes' habitat in underground water is also our main source of drinking water. They might be in edge of extinction. There are certain types of blindness that we must discover before it goes extinct too. Hence, he dedicated his life to save and discover these humble little blind cave fishes. As they can tell us about the Biology and Geology of the planet.
Alamsyah Ismail 24 / 43  
Hello ledha01
Actually you have good ability to write, but there is one mistake in your essay

These cave fishes has evolved
....cave fishes = plurar. you should use have
cinta_dollar51 - / 4  
Hello @Iedha01
could i give little bit suggestion to you
here we go

1. "These cave fishes has evolved in a slightly different ways" it should be " These cave fishes HAVE evolved in a slightly different ways. because --> (fishes is categorized PLURAL)

thank you

Home / Writing Feedback / Prosanta Chakrabarty told, that his passion in life is looking at some hidden wonders of life