PROSTITUTION: WHAT CAN BRING IF IT IS BEING LEGALIZED?

niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
The outburst of prostitution here in our country is obviously unstoppable and it is the matter that I am truly concerned. For the government, this is something they must be taken seriously at this moment. Its vast effects toward the people and the entire nation are so so breakneck, but it's so disappointing to know that the issue about it doesn't still become prudent. Rather, it turns more controversial.

Prostitution is known as the oldest profession in the world. But in our country, Filipinos remain unrecognized it. In short, prostitution is an unconstitutional act. However, it has already legalized is some corners of the world believing this is the very best pace to reduce crimes like rape, battery, robbery as well as to prevent the swift widespread of sexually transmitted disease (STD). Likewise, it even becomes beneficial economically knowing prostitutes have been one of the big burdens in our country.

Today, most crimes reported were commonly with prostitution involvement. It would be of great ease if this will be eradicated readily. However, although the government has enforced laws punishing off prostitutes, it is sad to say that prostitution still ongoing and unobstructed. Many people, yet, have STD which is really so risky because the cure for it has not been found until now. There were also reported prostitutes killed due of rape and battery,even clients become victims. Different crimes that prostitution can bring in our country. It is certainly a big burden. Furthermore, the practice of this is quite detrimental beyond preserving morality, especially in this case of most children. No parents like to hear their children saying, " I dream to be a prostitute!". Just for morality preservation, parents look down prostitution. Christians consider it a sin for monogamy; the act of sex is ought to be done only when a man and a woman are in love and married.

Prostitution is now rampant mostly in some urban places so that is so interesting for lots of Filipinos debating such thing. I actually see its cons in our society like what most means of communication broadcasted and posted. The fast growing number of prostitutes is continuous and this something alarming because the country is already full with much serious predicaments.

I'm wondering if the government tends thinking effective tactics to impede crimes prostitution has brought. In an article I've read, it depicts that legalizing the decriminalization of prostitution can be a more peaceful and less effort way to impel problems like STD, crimes, and as an economic burden. This could provide health security for STD's avoidance. Applicants may then be requiring by the government to undergo screening process before they can able to penetrate the world of prostitution and also they will be compelling to utilize sexual protection on their daily basis sexual contacts. In this way, sexually transmitted disease rate can be reduced. Legal prostitution can assure safe working environment for the prostitutes. By government intervention, both the client and the prostitute will be on safe, thus crime can be avoided. Additionally, abusive pimps can be eliminated, More than that, legalized prostitution can be economically beneficial. Once this is being legalized , it will become taxable. Thereby, the country can benefit it. Prostitutes, like other workers, are taxpayers.

Moreover, Philippines is a Christian-centered country and Filipinos value much morals, values, and ethics. So, the legalization of prostitution may be probably so difficult to impose for a certain reason- people will definitely oppose it. More Filipinos see it as a picture of lewdness, sinfully influenced their views upon moral and ethical aspect of life. If in case that the government will ratify prostitution, I do not know what it accompanies to influence children's insights. When they grow up, I can't even imagine the contingency to happen over them in a sense this is acceptable.

To sum up all, every man knows what is right and wrong. It is over people's decision to engage themselves to prostitution. Whatever may happen, this is unavoidable because it is natural when tackling human's pleasure. But still, there is nothing more important than taking the path of righteousness and goodness. Prostitution violates the principle of monogamy. In Philippines, it is highly unaccepted and therefore punishable. What is good to do is that remain it unconstitutional for the welfare of everyone's morale. Socrates connoted that to do wrong is an act of ignorance. So why dares to promote prostitution?
ana_p 27 / 81  
Hi Jhonies,

I don't know why but I never thought about this subject before.This subject attracted me and made me to read this essay. I think, this is a well written and excellent essay...:)

Thanks for sharing.

Good luck!!

Thanks,
Ana.
vast effects

adverse effects

but it's so disappointing to know that the issue about it doesn't still become prudent.

The reader gets confused here. Are you trying to say ;
but it is disappointing to note that the issues related to prostitution are still not understood properly.
chwong 3 / 5  
Today, most crimes reported were commonly with prostitution involvement.

I think you use today, then you should follow by present tense rite?

really so risky -> really risky
Monkey2012 1 / 3  
"So why dares to promote prostitution?"

Are you trying to say "who" dares to promote prostitution ?

Home / Writing Feedback / PROSTITUTION: WHAT CAN BRING IF IT IS BEING LEGALIZED?