Providing the community service by school students

Cherry may 2 / 4  

Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school program

Today, it is certain that the community service is becoming more popular in children and plays one of the crucial roles in providing new different skills. That is why, some people said that it should be a compulsory thing in high schools. In this essay, I will discuss why I agree with this statement, providing some examples.

One of the main reason why I agree with the unpaid community services should be compulsory in high schools is that the students will have more opportunities to broaden their horizons. By working at there, they can get different knowledge and experience and then they can contribute them back to the younger children. Before starting their career, the high school students can learn them practically particularly in how to adapt with the new environment and people. It leads them to be ready for working in new area after finishing their high school life.

Moreover, the students can learn new skills especially in cooperative and problem-solving skills, which are very essential throughout of their life. If you are working for a charity, you have to deal with other members and so, u will have a chance to learn how the teamwork is. Furthermore, you might face some problems and difficulties during working at community services. If so, you will acquire the knowledge of how to solve the problems and overcome difficulties in life.

However, some parents think that it is a waste of time for their children. They are worried that there might have some impacts in studying of school subjects. But in this circumstances, these volunteer works should be done during summer holidays or gap year.

In conclusion, unpaid community service can be helpful and effective for high school students before going to work. It provides them to get precious knowledge , experience and skills which are always needed in the future. In my view, it should be a part of compulsory in high school programmes in order to occur better human resources in the future.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@Cherry may
Hello.

Welcome to the forum. I hope that you find the feedback you are looking for here. I'll be providing you with writing feedback.

Try to not overburden your sentences. If you can simplify a sentence, please opt to do so as this not only saves space in your writing, but this will also help your message not be lost in its meaning. For instance, your second paragraph's first sentence can be rewritten as: "One of the reasons of my agreement with the topic is that students would broaden their opportunities." Notice how it's the same meaning but told in a shorter, more concise manner. Stick to this if you can.

Try to implement this technique throughout your writing.

Best of luck as always.
OP Cherry may 2 / 4  
@Maria
Thank you so much Maria!! I will try to do that later.😊

Home / Writing Feedback / Providing the community service by school students