Psychologists assert that color has a significant impact on individuals' mood

tuyentruong 5 / 9 7  
WRITING IELTS TASK 2:

PSYCHOLOGISTS HAVE KNOWN FOR MANY YEARS THAT COLOR CAN AFFECT HOW PEOPLE FEEL.

FOR THIS REASON, ATTENTION SHOULD BE GIVEN TO COLOR SCHEMES WHEN DECORATING PLACES SUCH AS OFFICES AND HOSPITALS.

HOW TRUE IS THIS STATEMENT?
HOW FAR DOES COLOR INFLUENCE PEOPLE'S HEALTH AND CAPACITY FOR WORK?

Psychologists assert that color has a significant impact on individuals' mood and they, therefore, believe that buildings should be coated with the most appropriate color schemes. In my opinion, the statement is completely true and this essay will focus on the influence color has on people's capacity for work and well-being.

First and foremost, employers have been aware since time immemorial that color can have a direct connection with the success of their business. The general belief is that office workers may be unable to concentrate on their work if the office room is decorated with bright colors or eye-catchy patterns. However, in numerous workplaces, bold colors are necessary to help individuals to be more creative and effective in work. For example, my classroom is purposely painted entirely in yellow to help students come up with abundant novel and original ideas or plans.

Secondly, whereas in workplaces, colors can affect the business's output, in hospitals, they have a vital effect on patients' well-being. In hospital wards, bright colors are beyond all dispute less welcome for anyone who is recovering from operations as well as illnesses. Relaxing shades such as pastel colors are used instead to create a serene and relaxing atmosphere that will help patients regain strength speedily. Having said that, a children ward is the opposite as youngsters are more energetic and imaginative compared with adults. Therefore, decorating these wards' walls with bold colors and colorful posters will inevitably produce desirable results.

In conclusion, there is a direct link between colors and individuals' moods as far as I'm concerned. Thus, designers should make an effort to utilize the most suitable color scheme that will help the occupants of the room make the most out of their surroundings.

THANKS FOR YOUR READING AND OPINIONS IN ADVANCE.
When you write your draft, always take note of the keywords that, when stated using synonyms, can help increase your LR score. In this presentation, you failed to reword the following keywords:

Psychologists - psychoanalyst, psychotherapist, therapist, or disorder analysts
Color - hue, paint, coloration, coloring
Color Schemes - color arrangement, color compatibility, color design, color pattern, decorator colors

Any of the word references to the specific original keywords would have helped to show a wider vocabulary range and word usage ability on your part. The lack of that, by using the same keywords, limited your ability to garner a higher LR score.

You must avoid simply restating the instruction for the discussion in the thesis sentence. Instead, focus on responding directly to the 2 provided questions by providing your discussion topics instead. You did that for the first one ( how true...) but failed to give a topic for discussion in relation to the second question (how far does...) By not clearly responding to the questions, you failed to show a strong English comprehension skill, in relation to the TA requirement of a clear opinion (based on the response to the discussion questions provided).

If you do not have room to say "Firstly, secondly, Lastly", then do not use numerical ordinals in your discussion. It is always best to use the topic sentence in that section because it sets the tone for the subject, clarity of the discussion, and extent of the topic being provided.

Home / Writing Feedback / Psychologists assert that color has a significant impact on individuals' mood