PTE Summarize written text in one sentence. IT and blue-collar workers

foyuliu 5 / 20 9  
Prompt: summarize the article in one sentence within 70 words.

IT divides society

For those political analysts whose main interest remains class divisions in society the biggest split these days is that between those who control and work with informational technology (IT) and those we might still call blue-collar workers. (...)

Summary sentence:

Due to information technology development in the late 20th and early 21st centuries, the society can be divided into two classes today, people who work with information technology and blue-collar workers, which is completely different from the old class divisions in the past.
Ethan, my take on your paragraph can be found below composed of 71 words. This paragraph is a bit complicated to paraphrase in only 75 words due to the numerous important information involved. So you have to learn how to combine the information into a continuous thought pattern such as the one I developed below. This takes lots of practice and even then, is a bit difficult to do because of the exam time constraints involved. So to complete this in the actual scenario, you need to be able to relax yourself and actually allow yourself time to think rather than panic and keep watching the clock. That is how you will fail this part of the test. Just breathe, relax, analyze, take notes, and write. Try to keep a clear head at all times.

17th and 18th century society was divided by experimentation based on practical experiments that led to economic rise, 20th century society was dvided based on IT and blue-collar workers, while the 21st century is economically and socially divided based on information technology along with the need to analyze and solve business and social problems, resulting in the creation of a unique type of economic and social class yet to be named.
OP foyuliu 5 / 20 9  
Thank you Mary!
I didn't realize there are three stages. I only got the division by IT and blue-collar workers, and the old divisions.
In the first paragraph it mentioned these days "the biggest split is between IT and bule collar worker", I assumed the "whole new social and economic class" is IT..

Home / Writing Feedback / PTE Summarize written text in one sentence. IT and blue-collar workers