Both - public services and impressive buildings obtain income for a city. IELTS Task 2

Anfalia 40 / 56 23  
Some people think that large, impressive buildings are important for a city. Others believe that the money should be spent on improving schools and hospitals.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

The great building is an icon of city. Several people a whole of the world argue that a city should have an impressive building to attract tourist and the other believes that government's money expenditure for public services. However, I personally argue that public services still need more attention from the government.

A large and impressive building is a crucial aspect for a city because this gives some benefits. Firstly, a great building can be easily to attract the tourist to come and visit to the city. The more visitors the more funded for government. Secondly, the buildings produce much tax. The private company owning the building absolutely has right to pay public fund to the government. As a result, the impressive building gives some benefits for the city.

However, a city should improve public services such as school and hospitals. Both the public services give the prominent impacts for societies. As an obvious example, the great school can attract people to continue the education. Furthermore, when government improves the health aspect in a city, the societies will life prosperous without suffering health problems. This does not matter for government to spend much finance for public services because the benefits will be back to the society.

In conclusion, both public services and impressive buildings obtain income for a city. Although, the impressive building gives much tax for the improving city, school and hospital are more functional for citizen other than giving much income too. Where possible, governments should balance in improving both sides.
somasalims 15 / 27 5  
The great building is an icon of city.

Hi Anfal! Are you sure to use 'The' before 'great building'? As I know that 'the' is used if 'great building' following reverts to something, such as Monas and Tower, but you have not mention a building before. So, you should write:

A great building is icon of a city.

I hope it is useful. Good Luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / Both - public services and impressive buildings obtain income for a city. IELTS Task 2