The public transportation is very important for people in metropolis. Major Subways of Europe

erwiin 5 / 12  
Summary 5: Major Subways of Europe

The public transportation is very important for people in metropolitan cities. Rapid population growth has an impact on increasing the volume of vehicles and pedestrians, which can cause very serious problems. The subway is the right solution to get out of them. Three of the biggest and busiest subway in Europe are in London, Paris, and Moscow. In 1863, London's Underground, the first subway, was opened. It used "cut and cover" method meaning the streets were dug up, the track was laid, a tunnel was built, and everything was buried. Paris started designing subway system in 1900. It was not opened until the World's Fair and Olympics were held. whereas London's subway was famous for the sophistication of its construction, the subway in Paris was famous for its beauty. The subway's stations are decorated with mosaics, sculptures, paintings, and innovative doors and walls. The Moscow Metro, based on the design of the London Tube, was opened in 1935. When Stalin was in command, he used the stations as showcases of Russian art, culture, and engineering. The Moscow underground railways were even used as a military headquarter during World War II.
fadhilmd25 41 / 75 11  
Dear Erwiin, here are some advices for your essay, feel free to correct me,

Three of the biggest and busiest subway in Europe are in London, Paris, and Moscow --> are recorded in London, Paris and Moscow.

Paris started designing subway system in 1900--> the subway system

whereas --> Whereas (or change it another word "on the other hand")

The subway's stations --> the subway stations

When Stalin was in command --> was in charge (or change the form of sentence " In the command of Stalin,"

Hope it helps your writing skills,

Regards
andika08 81 / 80 16  
Rapid population growth Growing population rapidly has (...) which can cause very serious problems problems like what?.
... busiest subway in Europe whichare in London, ...
It used "cut and cover" methods meaning the streets were dug ....
Paris started todesigning subway system in 1900.
w Whereas London's subway was famous ...
The subway's stations are decorated with which are mosaics, ...
The Moscow Metro, based on according the design of the London ...

Maybe you use too many repetations,
you can added conjuction before sentences.
you can explain more about the methods.
you can added conclusion.

Home / Writing Feedback / The public transportation is very important for people in metropolis. Major Subways of Europe