Punish criminals and training courses and education offer

Amy9797 1 / -  

reasonable treatment for prisoners

Serious criminals deserve to be confined in jail for their wrongdoings, but I believe that providing education and training for prisoner is a reasonable treatment.

On the one hand, imprisonment is a justifiable form of punishment for serious criminals. Firstly, serious affect the lives of innocent people; therefore, imprisonment is a way to ensure justice. In this way, incarcerating the criminals can punish criminals by depriving them of their freedom and basic rights, which leads them having to suffer because of their wrongdoing, thus warning other people against committing in society. Secondly, incarcerating the criminals can punish criminals by depriving them of their freedom and basic rights, which leads to having a criminal record, which means fewer job opportunities and social discrimination later on. Therefore, serious criminals have little chance to reintegrate in community after release and hence cannot escape the perpetual cycle of crime.

However, I would argue that providing education for prisoners is of great benefit. Education and career training courses raise awareness of acceptable behaviour, which helps offenders to figure out the negative consequences that their family and victims suffer due to their mistakes, thus developing a sense of responsibility as well as equipping prisoners with employable skills. As a result, criminals can stand a higher chance of finding a suitable job when released, which allows them to be able to afford a decent life, thus being discouraged from recommitting crime. In this way, society would benefit from lower crime rate, making it reasonable to invest in education for prisoners.

In conclusion, I am of the opinion that serious criminal who repeatedly re-offend must be jailed, but I believe that training courses and education certainly bring a range of benefits.
As you did not include the original discussion instruction for this essay, I will omit reviewing it based on any possible prompt discussions available. Instead, I will do a grammar review for you. Please make sure to upload a copy of the complete prompt next time. Either retype the prompt or upload a copy as an image using the image button above the text box. I will assume that you are perfecting your UK English writing style so I will be using the grammar rules specific to that English version for your grammar review.

Sometimes, it is better to use a simpler word than a complicated one in a presentation. Simple references often add more clarity to the discussion presentation because it is better suited to the sentence being developed. As in the case of the following:

... providing education for... - ... supplying education...
... and social discrimination later on. - ... social discrimination later.

For better developed paragraphs, you should use either a single topic sentence or 2 connected topic sentences, without the use of numerical ordinals. Use connecting sentences instead. In your first reasoning presentation, you did not fully develop the discussion for the 2 topics because of the redundant reasons you provided. Always use different but connected reasons in such presentations so that you have an opportunity to present new information and a new explanation. Avoid redundant explanations in a single paragraph.

Home / Writing Feedback / Punish criminals and training courses and education offer