Punishment on educating children

maily257 3 / 6  
It is important for children to learn the difference between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction.

To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

learning kids by force

Teaching children is one of the hardest tasks that parents have to do. Beside a lot of effective methods, punishment is considered as an effective way to guide children learn right from wrong. However, in my opinion, punishment is a bad form of educating children because of some main reasons.

To begin with, parents cannot gain the desired results by using punishment as an educating method. It is easily seen that criticizing or yelling only can make children on fear and tend to oppose their parents. A survey conducted in 2015 in Vietnam showed that children who are punished, often commit more mistakes. Instead of admitting their own mistakes, they are willing to hide their faults, shift the blame on someone and worse, tell a lie to avoid being punished by parents.Obviously, in these cases, children cannot become a well- behaved and respectful individuals just by parent's punishment.

Another reason should be mentioned is that punishment is likely to erode the parent- chid relationship. For example, after being scolded, children are full of frightened and disappointed. Moreover, they also feel disconnected and hate their parents. Consequence, the child will defend and not want to share anything with others who always criticize and punish him or her. Thus, the further distance the child has with parents, the more difficultly they educate him.

The last reason is punishment clearly has a huge long-term negative effects on the child's behaviour. Parents who always come down on their child, set a bad example for the child to copy and imitate. As a results, the child might behave like their parents such as losing control, easily being angry and aggressive whenever he does not satisfied with others. Ultimately, he will be leaded to violence when he is teenager and adult.

In conclusion, punishment is the worst method of educating children and parents should not use or abuse punishment to help children develop. By doing this, they will give the correct direct in raising process and gain the expectations of their own children.
adambacon813 6 / 12 1  
Consequence Consequently, the child will defend refuse and not want...

..., the more difficultly difficult they educate him.

Thus, the more punishment parents give to their children, the more difficult they educate their children. I think it would be way better in the context.

when he is become a teenager and adult.
daxXx_ryan31 1 / 1  
Hello mail257, thanks for your feedback on my essay.

With regard to yours, I believe you have good insights and arguments within the essay. However, I think you should pay additional attention to grammar.

Here are some of the suggestions and corrections of mine:

1. Aside from the various effective methods
2. can only make children fear and oppose
3. full of fright and disappointment /or/ frightened and disappointed
4. Consequently,
5. the more difficult it is to educate him/them
6. As a result,
7. he is not satisfied.

Best of luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / Punishment on educating children