Put addicts to jail or rehabilitate? What have to be done to prevent them from using drugs?

Mardy17 32 / 18 5  
Should drug addicts be jailed or rehabilitated? Discuss both views and give your opinions.

It is true that narcotics and other addictive substances are a detrimental threat in human being lives particularly for the young generation. Some individuals argue that the narcotics addicts is compulsorily imprisoned since they have broken the law, while the others believe that as a matter of fact they are a victim that necessarily get a rehabilitation in order to be escape from their addiction. Although getting the illegal drug user into the jail is a simple way, but I strongly believe that recover them from their addiction is more essential in order to make them aware of the dire impact of narcotics.

Drugs become a major scourge around the world. There is an old paradigm that the drug users necessarily be set in the prison. This regulation is assumed can possibly bring deterrent effect for the trespasser. However, as per Anang Iskandar as the Head of the National Narcotics Agency (BNN) said that imprisoned abusers would actually increase their demand for those illicit goods because drugs is still easy to purchase in prison. Besides, According to BNN, about 75% of drug distribution is controlled from inside the prison. Furthermore, in my opinion, most of the drug addicted who have been imprisoned get back to use the narcotics after they are divested from the jail.

In reverse, the policy to set the narcotics trespasser into the rehabilitation centre is one of the best ways to reduce their dependency on narcotics gradually. This is because in rehabilitation, abusers and drug addicts get a medical treatment to recover their addicted on drugs as well as a step to suppress their demand of illegal drugs. Based on research of Indonesian National Narcotics Agency (BNN) reveals that every day virtually 40 until 50 Indonesian young generations pass away because of drugs. Fortunately, through the rehabilitation centre, almost 60% of drug addicts can survive and even be exempted the addiction. Therefore, I firmly believe that a step for rehabilitating the abusers and drug addicts is the wisest decision because this way enables the narcotics trespasser recover from their addiction.

To sum up, even though sentencing the narcotics trespasser into jail can possibly make feeling guilty of them, but it does not mean that they have free from the dependency on illegal drug. Hence, recover them from their addiction through rehabilitation centre is a proper way that the government can take.
nuni11 33 / 30 5  
...threat in human being's lives(...)while the others believe that(...)in order to be escape from their addiction(...)Although getting the illegal drug users into the jail(...)recovering them from their addiction

...can possibly bring deterrent effects for the trespasseroffenders

...in my opinion, most of the drug addictedaddicts

...can possibly make them feeling guilty of them ,
anita11 28 / 20 2  
It is true thatIN FACT narcotics .... to be escapecure from their addiction.

you have to check the coherency in par 2

please do not quote more than you revise

Home / Writing Feedback / Put addicts to jail or rehabilitate? What have to be done to prevent them from using drugs?