The Quality of the Decision: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking

jerry 17 / 10  
Some weeks not writing makes me feel hard to write again, yet I have finished an essay. Please give me some comments. Thank you a lot.

Assignment:

Are decisions made quickly just as good as decisions made slowly and carefully? Plan and write an essay in which you develop your point of view on this issue. Support your position with reasoning and examples taken from your reading, studies, experience, or observations.

During my lifetime, I have made a prodigious number of decisions. Though quickly made decisions were sometimes efficient, they failed in most cases, especially in crucial situations which deserve rigorous scrutiny. My opinion, therefore, is that decisions made quickly cannot be as good as decisions made slowly and cautiously.

In our daily lives, we can meet a lot of situations in which we choose to make decisions slowly and cautiously. Though decisions made quickly may work, we cannot risk our chance to solve a problem or to achieve something just because we did not choose to make decisions more slowly and prudently. Most striking, two years ago, when attending informatics class, I decided to buy a laptop to my study. Though the school had facilitated this class with a computer room, my desire of owning a laptop made me ...
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
My own experience shows the reason why I want to make decisions slowly and cautiously. Decisions, when devoted enough time and consideration, will improve our chance to succeed in life profoundly."

Home / Writing Feedback / The Quality of the Decision: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking