'the quantities of goods transported in the UK between1974 and 2002' - writing IELTS

jimmy_nguyen 2 / 3  
here is the requirement:

The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisions where relevent.

And, this is my job:

The illustration gives information about four different modes of transport in quantities of its goods transported form 1974 to 2002, the four transports are by road, water, rail, and pipeline.

In general, there is an upward trend during such 28-year period.

The amount of goods shipped by road and pipeline generate a simillar movement over the time given. However, the number caused by road shipment almost fouth time and above higher than by pipeline did in the past, that is nearly 100 million tonnes and 25 millions in 2002, and 70 millions in 1974 comparing with 7 millions, respectively.

Besides, over 28 years of such record, it shows an increase of 25 million tonnes of goods transported by water, from 38 million (in 1974) to 63 million (in 2002). Meanwhile, there is a small gap changing in this number generated by rail, olu 3 millions resulted giving between 38 and 41 million spreading over this time.

To sum up, during such period, goods transportd by road is alway an outstanding method for shipment than the three othes, and it is forecast to go up faster in the future. The other transports seem to be ramain lower and also keep a slow speed of increasing in the next years to come.

Many thanks for your help.I really need that!

could you please mark my work, plz!
However, the number caused by road shipment is almost four times higher than by pipeline did in the past, that is nearly 100 million tons and 25 millions in 2002, and 70 millions in 1974 comparing with 7 millions in (provide date/era for this number), respectively.

To sum up, during such periods, goods being transported by road seems to be the outstanding method for shipment, and it is forecast to rise faster in the future.

I have only included areas which I have revised and I feel you should remove the last sentence you wrote completely since the previous one is sufficient in stating your conclusion.

I hope you find this helpful, you did a great job.
Good luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / 'the quantities of goods transported in the UK between1974 and 2002' - writing IELTS