IELTS: Task 1: Quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002

Imaaan 1 / - 1  
Q: The graph shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The line graph given represents the amount of commodities that were moved in the United Kingdom over a period of 28 years, staring in 1974, via several different ways of transportation.

Throughout the period, road remained the most popular method of moving goods. In 1974, about 70 million tonne goods and in 2002, 98 million tonne goods were transported by this manner. On the other hand, pipeline was the least favorite during the entire period, starting from a little less than 5 million tonne commodities, it was about 22 million tonnes in 2002. Rail, virtually remained stable at 40 million tonnes both in 1974 and 2002. Water, although was a slightly less preferred mode of transporting goods than rail in 1974, saw a sharp rise in 1978 and then plateaued from 1982 to 1994, when it declined for a while to grow again to reach about 65 million tonnes in 2002. A noticeable downward trend was observed in all modes of transport in 1994 to 1998, except pipeline, which actually went up during this time period.

Overall, all modes of moving good were increasingly used between 1974 and 2002, except rail which remained stable at about 40 million tonnes. Road was the most well known, whereas the pipeline was the least famous method throughout.

Please correct my mistakes. My IELTS exam is next week and my preparation is not good. Your kind help will be highly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

The line graph givenrepresentsillustrates the amountquantities of commodities that were moved in the United Kingdom over a period of 28 years, staring in 1974, via several different ways of transportation.

.... illustrates is a better word.... Also I wish if you changed the this slightly;
The line graph illustrates the quantities goods transported in the UK during the period of 1974 to 2002.

Throughout the period, road remained the most popular method ofmoving goods.

.... well.... it's better to say transporting goods than moving goods....

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Task 1: Quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002