The quantity of waste generation in millions of tonnes in six nations during the 1980-2000 period

Red Moon 14 / 32 6  

The amount of waste production in 6 countries

The table below shows the amount of waste production (in millions of tonnes) in six different countries over a twenty-year period.

The table compares the quantity of waste generation in millions of tonnes in six nations during the period of twenty years from 1980 to 2000.

Overall, the United States produced the largest amount of waste over the period. Also, while waste output in most given countries witnessed an upward trend, Korean's amount of waste production decreased.

With respect to the waste output in America, it grew from 131 in 1800 to 192 million tonnes in 2000, which was a relatively huge amount compared to other nations. In the same year, Japan, the second largest waste producer, generated 53 million tonnes of waste, accounted for one-third that of the US. Meanwhile, Korea's waste output experienced a drop of 12 from 31 in 1990 to 19 million tonnes in 2000.

Compared with the previously mentioned nations, Ireland, Poland and Portugal generated small amounts of unwanted material. Ireland and Portugal has the same quantity of waste production in 2000, at 5 million tonnes, while Poland saw a minimal growth of 2.6 million tonnes in its waste output throughout the time span.

Moon, your summary just needed the enumeration of the nations included in the table and the comparison type for the information, which is shown was a "decade on decade" basis. It is not a comparison from 1980- 2000 . Try to use more advanced references to create a more extensive / advanced English vocabulary. It is more impressive to use the term "decade on decade" because the graph shows a 10 year count (considered a decade) between years represented.

You have a very small mistakes in this essay presentation. It is almost negligible. Except, you forgot to indicate that "The data for Ireland and Korea were not available for the years 1990 and 1980 respectively." This is an example of an advanced English sentence structure based on grammar and presentation. It shows an academic tone and a professional review of the data provided. You have to mention it because the missing data is even given a special mention in the illustration with the highlight "Figure not available". Remember, present all the data, specially those that appear to have a special representation in the illustration.

Home / Writing Feedback / The quantity of waste generation in millions of tonnes in six nations during the 1980-2000 period