Question about the benefits of universities. It is a topic for IELTS Writing Task 2.

kenny311006 1 / -  
Some people believe the aim of university education is to help graduates get better jobs. Others believe there are much wider benefits of university education for both individuals and society

Discuss both views and give your op

inion.

It is argued among people that either the university environment only intend to rise graduates' chances of getting well-paid jobs or it also can help develop a better community with well-trained grown-ups. In this essay, I will discuss both perspectives as well as clarify my approval of one of them.

As for the idea that universities only connect to the future careers of students, there are many causes for it . One of them is the stereotype in most people's mindsets. Basically, the major part of them thinks that their fee for their own study in university should be worth the outcomes. Meanwhile, with the world being gradually advanced, they desired even more the determination from the educators' side that students can have stable jobs after ending their school years. As a result, everyone, especially the parents, becomes to develop a stereotypical statement that universities only have the duty to make themselves or their children take a right turn in their life with suitable jobs.

Simultaneously, there are also many factors leading to the other group's belief of the society changing for the better with well-educated graduates. The most integral influence is the evidence of many succesfull celebrities inspiring their followers to change in some aspects. For example, Mr Dang Tran Tung, who finished his courses in university, and then has been making many English contents from his knowlegde. Consequently, it is making the number of English self-learners in Vietnam higher than the past, especially increasing the communication skills of the whole part of teenagers. Personally, I believe this is the true intention of universities as every individual, after graduation, can help change the society instead of just solely bringing benefits for themself.

In conclusion, with the method of training the students, many universities are put faith by people for rising the students chances of jobs as well as making edges for the society and its members.

In last few words, I would like to thank everyone who read my essay and help me improve in advance.
The restatement can be considered properly developed to the extent that the writer shows an understanding of the original topic. Although several grammar and punctuation errors exist in the paragraph, causing a lower score. For example, a possessive apostrophe was used when only a plural reference was required.

When addressing this type of discussion requirement, the writer must make his opinion clearly seperate from the public perception. The writer did not use the correct pronouns to achieve this goal. The lack of pronouns and general discussion reference makes the essay appear to be one sided. An incorrect discussion perspective. Next time, use more pronouns and offer a personal opinions for both points of view. Use a comparative discussion paragraph format.
camtu0502 1 / 2  
The third paragraph did not fully answer the second question. In the third paragraph, you only mentioned the benefits for the society, as I inferred from the passage "can help change the society",whereas the second question stated: "FOR BOTH INDIVIDUALS AND SOCIETY". I think you should try to address all the aspects of the questions in order to achieve higher task achievement score.

This is my advice. Hope it can help you.

Home / Writing Feedback / Question about the benefits of universities. It is a topic for IELTS Writing Task 2.