Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

The question about the impact of parents' job on children's future job

pouryapars 1 / -  
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is better for children to choose jobs that are similar to their parents' jobs than to choose jobs that are very different from their parents' job. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. 390/2 hour

parents' job for their kids in the future

These days, finding appropriate job has become one of the most vital concerns of all societies and this factor can influence many aspects of human's life. The question become more challenging when the impact of parents' job on children's future job and also their life is considered. A controversial question which is often raised regarding this idea is while some people maintain that it is more beneficial for children to follow their parents and choose jobs similar to theirs, there are others holding the view that it is better to be employed in a different job position. I strongly believe that jobs that are similar to parents' job are more convenient for people because not only can they learn easier from their parents, but also they can benefits from the network that they parents' have made during their career path. 135

One of the primary causes is that parents can teach work instructions, methods and knowledge needed to their children more efficiently. Indeed parents can provide their children with valuable work experience that they earned by years of working and experiencing a variety of difficulties for less cost. In other words children can become professional workers and avoid gaining work experience that demands a lot of expenses for example time and money. Moreover, people can benefit from being under tutelage of their sympathetic and compassionate parents as their work instructors. People properly have knowledge of their children, their interests and they talents and as a result they can teach them in a well-wishing and convenient way. 115

But there is a further more subtle point we must consider. By choosing similar jobs children can easily take advantage of having access to the network of people that their parents have made before. In another words it is substantial to consider the significant role of knowing and having connection with right people in work procedures. For example in different situations when a person know whom to contact, he can better fulfill his responsibilities. Apart from this, another important factor for any person to achieve work success is to find trustable people and to gain credit that make him trustworthy to others. In fact, it is essential to have a trustful working relationship with others and people cannot work with each other only based on rules and regulation. Indeed a successful business relationship needs to be more trustful than regulated. 140

Home / Writing Feedback / The question about the impact of parents' job on children's future job