Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Writing task2: rails or roads - what government should concentrate on?

kkkfg 2 / 2 1  
SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE GOVERNMENT SHOULD SPEND MONEY ON BUILDING TRAIN AND SUBWAY LINES TO REDUCE TRAFFIC CONGESTION.
OTHERS THINK THAT BUILDING MORE AND WIDER ROADS IS THE BETTER WAY TO REDUCE TRAFFIC CONGESTION.

DISCUSS BOTH VIEWS AND GIVE YOUR OPINION.

People today argue that government should concentrate on train lines in order to reduce traffic congestion, while others believe that building more wide roads make sense. In my opinion, though building more roads is an effective way, spending on rail and subway systems seems to solve the problem.

On the one hand, the case for building more roads is that it will meet transportation need in a country. Firstly, the transportation industry plays an important role in the development of a country, if the transport sector makes progress, the country will quickly develop into a modern industrial city. Secondly, this method is likely to a permanent solution in terms of adapting the number of transportations in both urban cities and countrysides. For instance, when people incomes have been improved, they tend to acquire personal vehicles such as cars and motorbikes so that they can go to work more easily instead of waiting for a bus or a taxi, which lead to a higher volume of traffic and numerous vehicles; consequently, government take responsibility for building highways to fix this issue.

On the other hand, I would side with those who think that increasing investment in rail and subway lines is more practical. The trains are faster, cheaper and more convenient in terms of encouraging citizens to give up their private means so that traffic jam is not enlarged. Japan, for example, has one of the best metro network over the world; as a result, the traffic congestion does not happen much in this country.

In conclusion, government should prioritize expenditure on rail and metro networks rather than constructing more roads to see decline in high-traffic areas.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task2: rails or roads - what government should concentrate on?