Writing task 1 - The rate of women and men who passed their driving test in an Asia country

Uang2307 1 / -  

Driving test pass rates

The bar chart provides information about the rate of women and men who passed their driving test in an Asia country over a period of 20 years, from 1980 to 2010.

Overall, the percentage of women's doing tests passed was higher than that of men throughout the period. Both genders experienced an upward trend from 1980 to 2000.

The rate of women who passed their driving test was about 48% in 1980, being nearly double that in men. Then, it rose to almost 52% in 1990 and continued to increase, reaching the highest point of around 69% in 2000. However, the figure showed a slight drop to approximately 65% in the end of the period.

Percentage of men's test drive passed was less than 30% in 1980. it surged to around 38% in 1990 and reached the peak of nearly a half in 2000 before remaining steady for the next ten years.

The summary overview is a run-on sentence. This must be presented within 2 sentences since there are 2 different sets of information provided within. The sentence separation helps with the clarity of information and allows for a more expanded presentation of the importance of each topic.

An apostrophe S is used to connote ownership. It need not be used when the plural form of a word is already being presented and no ownership is required (e.g. women's). Such errors indicate a lack of familiarity with English grammar and writing rules, resulting in near failing GRA scores.

Majority of your writing problems have to do with sentence structuring and correct punctuation usage. I strongly advise that you focus on those aspects when performing grammar exercises.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 1 - The rate of women and men who passed their driving test in an Asia country