Rates of smoking in Someland

Huyhiep231 1 / -  

number of smokers during 40 years of previous century

The line chart shows how many people smoked in Someland in the 1960-2000 period.
Overall, beside some considerable fluctuations, there was a falling tendency in the figure for men smoking, while the trend of women was slightly upwards. However, there were always more male smoker than female one over the given period.

The figure for women smoker increased significantly from 100 to roughly 200 in 1960 and 1965 accordingly and almost kept unchanged at this level until 1970. Over the same period, the number of men smoker decreased steadily by 50 people. It is noticeable that women's line reached the two highest point at roughly above 300 in 1975 and 1980, whereas that of men kept falling to approximately 450.

From 1980 onwards, both of them fell dramatically. Specifically, the figure for female smoker decreased steadily, prior to a considerable fall by roughly 100 in 2000. Men's figure kept falling to the lowest point at 250 in the end of period.

Help help me :) thanks a lot :)

@Huyhiep231 Normally, these summary essays ask the writer to make comparisons whenever possible. From what I can tell, there was plenty of room for comparison analysis in your essay based upon the line graph that was provided. While your essay is very good in terms of it's solid presentation, the year too year analysis where the figures were either the same, overlapping, or showing very little difference should have been presented as well. By approving the essay that way, you could have easily increased the word count and also presented a more comprehensive and important discussion of the provided image. Your opening statement was probably resonated when you posted the summary information paragraph which is why it looks a bit disconnected on the page. Make sure that your summary paragraph and concluding statements always had at least 3 sentences in it in order to represent a complete paragraph on the page. Remember, those 2 paragraphs represent some of the most important scoring elements of your essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Rates of smoking in Someland