Reading passage and the lecture are discussing the danger of invasive plants- TOEFL integrated essay

NourNour 22 / 39 7  
Hey, I tried to upload a picture of reading passage and the audio file but it doesn't work :/ Any suggestions.
This is my integrated essay. waiting for your feedbacks :)

Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they respond to the specific points made in the reading passage.

Plants and Animals Research

Both the reading passage and the lecture are discussing the danger of invasive plants. They are both explaining the reason of introducing them to a new area, their characteristics and their negative impacts on the native plants and animals.

First of all, the writer states that there are several reasons why nonnative plants are brought to the United States. These reasons are food, medicine, or because they resist drought or simple because they are beautiful and people like them. The professor agrees with this point and provides the example of Garlic Mustard plant to illustrate this idea. She states in her lecture that this plant is brought for nutrition and medicine reasons.

Secondly, the writer explains the characteristics of the nonnative plants. According to him, these plants are called invasive because they grow wildly and they are aggressive; they shade the native plants and prevent them to get food and water. Likewise, the professor asserts this fact and explains that the invasive plants struggle with native plants on food, space and light.

Thirdly, the writer explores the drawbacks of invasive plants. This latter reduce the number of native plants and animals. Similarly, the professor avouches this point and provides the example of the butterfly whose eggs cannot hatch if they put on the Garlic Mustard leaves.

• txt
ADIE08 29 / 32 1  
They are both explaining the reason of for introducing them to a ...

... the characteristics of the non-native plants.
... they shade the native plants and prevent them to getting food and water.
... invasive plants struggle with native plants onfor food, space and light.

This latter reduce reduces the number of ...

Home / Writing Feedback / Reading passage and the lecture are discussing the danger of invasive plants- TOEFL integrated essay