Reading reflections about artical

JeannieHo 1 / 1  

passionate about fashion and art

Gathered many young people from all over the world who are passionate about fashion and art as well as much senior staff who have long been deep to create this dream boulevard together in the New York Fashion Ave. And from Taiwan, Paris to the New York fashion world, the model Yi Hua who lived here for eight years is one of these people. High prices and social media have fashion industry complicated in New York, Yi Hua must catch the opportunity to stabilize the economic foundation and calmly deal with the changes in the industry, and to show talent, cherish the luck, she has exquisite and unique angle to sincerely see the world and often for the observed human things by the pictures and words. The world is not fair, no matter whether New York visitors or anything, I also agree with the Yi Hua said to learn to face bravely and calmly. From the interview, I saw a woman experienced, tenacity and bravery, I think that women exude unique perseverance, very attractive! I hope I will stronger like her.

May you please help me to comment my reading reflections?
your assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Jeannie, can you provide us with a copy of the article that you read so that I can have a better idea as to what you are trying to present in this comment? Your reading reflection is confusing and not really understandable to the person reading your comments. You have mistakes in your capitalization as you cannot start a sentence with the word "And". You also used a series of commas to separate the sentences instead of periods which would have made the essay easier to read and also, offer a pause for the reader to analyze and understand what you are saying in the sentence. I really cannot understand the point of your comments and how it ties in with the article. You could have used a few quotes from the original article in order to illustrate or better explain what you are trying to impart to the reader. This is not a very well written essay. If I can read the original article, I might be able to come back and advise you regarding the proper structure and content of your response.
OP JeannieHo 1 / 1  

I am very thankful that you reply me!
I read the article in Chinese then write in English.

Actually,I still have room to improve my English : )
Jeannie, one of the best ways that you can improve your English writing skills is by translating what you read from English to Chinese. This will help you to familiarize yourself with the English version of the words in your native tongue. It will be easier to help you remember the meaning of the English word if you can understand what the Chinese equivalent / meaning is. This should result in a smoother English writing for you in the future. You may use Google Translate for the purposes of comparison between your work and the original Chinese article. I understand that people will say that Translate is not very accurate and in certain instances, for specific colloquialisms and translations of proper nouns such as names, it could be inaccurate, but it gives the English learner a better start at familiarizing yourself with the language. It certainly did a better job of translating the first paragraph of the article than you did in explaining it to the reader. So it can help you at least lay out a foundation for English writing. Now, I assume that you are taking English classes right? If possible have your teacher or your classmates read your work and ask them to give you their opinion of the translation regarding word accuracy. Or, you can post your essay here for review. I'd be glad to help you out. That is what your focus should be on at the moment. Try to write just simple, short English sentences using basic English words / grammar. Don't try to write complicated sentences yet. You are not prepared for that and the result is always going to be the same or worse than the essay that you wrote above. Make sure you just use enough words in English to make yourself understood in a sentence. You are not ready for the intermediate or complex set-up yet.
benamilada 1 / 4  
Hi Jeannie!
I am also a non-English as a first language-person. I agree with Holt that translating the English you've written to your language is a great way to start to learn writing in English. Maybe you also could search something related to your essay from this website for your reference.

Having references really help you to understand the structure.

Home / Writing Feedback / Reading reflections about artical