There are some reasons why children learn better and faster than adults.

wina 1 / -  
A children should study a foreign language in school starting in the early grades. To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Some people who concern in education thought that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at in the early grade (at primary school). While I agree with this statement, I also believe that it has underlines notes to do it.

There are some reasons why children learn better and faster than adults. Firstly, most of experts who concern about children brain and education believe that children have more neurons actively creating new connections than adults do, so they can learn much more easily than adult can do. So, it is much better for parent or teacher to expose their children to lots of different things - repeatedly, ideally - to allow those connections to be formed, rather than trying to catch up later. Some experts also proved that the foreign words easier to remember in a childhood age than in adult. Secondly, A research showed that joy, energy and innocence peak between the ages of six and nine years, before children start worrying about how they look, what their friends think and how well they do at school. The Galaxy Research poll of Australian parents found that children are bestowed with boundless energy and enthusiasm, have retained a sense of awe and wonder with the world and remain uninhibited in their behaviour in this ages. It is the best time for children to learn about many things such as foreign language. That is why in China for example, Chinese student start to learn English (a foreign language for them) in the third grade in primary school by law.

While children learn better and faster than adults, there are some important notes when parent or teacher teach a foreign language to them. Parent and teacher should not force them to learn a foreign language well. Parent and teacher should understand that every children have different capability and intelligence. Children should learn a foreign language and others happily. Children must familiar with their mother language first before they learn other language. If they do not apprehend their mother language first, they will experience many difficulties when they learn other subjects. Nowadays, many children are more difficult to learn many subjects in their school because they have not understood their first language yet. It also is not good for their communication with others.

To sum up, it seems to me that it is better for children to begin learning a other language at in the early grade (in primary school) with pay attention to some notes above.
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
A children(A children? It must be "A child", right?) should study a foreign language in school starting in the early grades. To what extend do you agree or disagree?

Some people who concern in education thoughtthink that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at in the early grade (at primary school). While I agree with this statement, I also believe that it has underlines notes to do it.(You should've started the introduction with a motivator (sometimes it is called "hook").

While children learn better and faster than adults, there are some important notes when parentsor teacherand mentors teach a foreign language to them. Parent and teacher should not force them to learn a foreign language well. Parent and teacher should understand that every children have different capability and intelligence. Children should learn a foreign language and others happily. Children must familiar with their mother language first before they learn other language. If they do not apprehend their mother language first, they will experience many difficulties when they learn other subjects. Nowadays, many children are more difficult to learn many subjects in their school because they have not understood their first language yet. It also is not good for their communication with others. (this paragraph has deviated from the topic. The topic asks your opinion about a statement, which is starting learning a foreign language in the early ages of a person's life. You are in agreement with this statement and you need to support your agreement through at least two body paragraphs to show why you think this is a good idea. Teaching approach cannot be the subject of this essay. For example you could talk about the effects of a language on the forms of jaws, lips and mouth; Your first language would mold them and that's why you can never speak English like a native English speaker, even if you live in an English speaking country for 50 years. But, this is more true for adults than children's body structure. The oral organs of children have not formed completely so they have a chance to learn the correct pronunciations of words more easily.

btw, I don't believe that children can learn a foreign language faster than teenagers or adults, as many studies proved that the best age range for learning a foreign language is between 11 to 13, cause children who do not know anything about the complex concepts like verb, adverb, stresses, tenses, etc., how they can apply these things on a different language from their own languages. They do not even know their own languages perfectly.

To sum up, it seems toin light of the aforementioned factsmeI think thatit is better for children to begin learning a other language at in the early grade (in primary school)(reword this sentence as you used exactly the same sentence in the intorduction)with pay attention to some notes above .

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Ahmad

Home / Writing Feedback / There are some reasons why children learn better and faster than adults.