IELTS Task 1: Reasons for Study and Support Received

April April 13 / 148 22  
The charts below show the main reasons for study among students of different age groups and the amount of support they received from employers.
The two charts provide information about how reasons for study and the amount of support received varied among five age groups.

In the first chart, it is clear that the percentage of people who studied for interest increased with age. Only 10% of students less than 26 years of age wanted to derive pleasure from their study. The percentage rose gradually as people got older, and it reached 70% for learners aged 49 and over. In contrast, most young students in the age group of under 26 studied for their career (80%). The older people became, the less they were interested in learning for this reason, as only 20% of the people aged 49 and over studied for career purpose.

With regard to the second chart, employees who were under 26 received the largest amount of support from their employers (62%). The support given to workers decreased steadily when people went through their late 20s and 30s, and then rose slightly among 40-year-old learners and older.

Did I repeat myself too much?
Please give me some feedback. Any comments are appreciated!
Lutcifier 1 / 5  
In order to help u we should see the chart... it is somehow strange without picture. Anyway, u did well!
OP April April 13 / 148 22  
@Lutcifier: thanks. I couldn't upload the picture (the size was too big)
@Ahmad:

Add a General Trend

there are two charts so if I write a general trend, it's got to be about both of them, or can I just choose one?

what type of chart?

=> both are column charts.

which reason?

=> for their career. When I wrote that, I was kinda stuck, I didn't know how to paraphrase it.
Anw, thank you, Ahmad!
ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  

Put the charts here, then I may tell you how we can write a general trend

both are column charts.

It would be better to mention this
slithereen guar - / 3  
Excuse me. But could any one go to my link and help me, my English was so bad, so I really need your help, plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
OP April April 13 / 148 22  
Put the charts here

=> these are the charts. Please take a look and suggest a general trend. Thank you so much!

Oh and you may not be able to read the captions:
1st chart: Reasons for study according to age of student. White columns represent students studying for career, black columns are for those who study for interest.

2nd chart: Employer support, by age group (time off and help with fees).

ah_zafari [Contributor] 40 / 672 148  
U can also write a general trend through two sentences. For example :"The results reveal that the proportion of people who study for interest rises up as their ages increase, and the revers is true for the students studying for pursuing a career. However, the percentage of employer support shows a minimum point at the age group of xxx. "
OP April April 13 / 148 22  
I think I prefer the second suggestion. Many thanks to you, Ahmad!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 1: Reasons for Study and Support Received