The reasons for water pollution and its influence on animals and humans

jennifer97 1 / 1  

Water pollution, causes and effects

In our contemporary world, water natural sources including rivers, lakes, and seas are seriously polluted. Water pollution is ascribed as a thorny issue of environmental conservation. This essay considers the reasons for water pollution before discussing its influences on animals and humans.

On the one hand, several reasons drive this phenomenon. The primary reason definitely relates to the swift pace of development in general and industrialization in particular. For instance, industrial activities directly discharge hazardous waste into rivers and seas; these substances badly contaminate sources of water. Moreover, overpopulation is another prominent reason resulting in water contamination. In some religions, domestic wastes end their cycles in lakes, rivers, and seas. This is a case in light of the fact that there are tons of trash on land, which could not be decomposed in a short term. These factors have created numerous problems for environmental conservationists.

On the other hand, this environmental dilemma severely affects animal life and human society. First and foremost, toxic substances from wastes are harmful to animals, especially marine creatures and birds which are fed with fish. In fact, humans have recently observed various accidents caused by trash and wastes. Plenty of marine species' death is recorded because they consume plastic and bottles. Water pollution has posed a considerable threat to the marine ecosystem. In addition to animals, water contamination has a significant repercussion on the human community. In such cases, freshwater would be inadequate to meet the daily requirement in the future. Once the marine life is damaged, a sufficient food supply is a thorny issue to deal with.

In conclusion, I emphasize that industrialization and overpopulation are the fundamental factors leading to water pollution. Moreover, if humans are unable to address this problem, it will have a negative impact on marine life and mankind's society.
An immediate prompt alteration can be found in this essay that will have a detrimental effect on its task accuracy score. The original prompt asks for the "effect" of water pollution. The writer changed "effect" to "influence" in her restatement. The word meaning has to be considered in this case as the two words have different meangs when applied to the original topic.

Effect refers to the outcome of a cause (water pollution). Influence refers to the power to affect, control or manipulate something or someone. Since pollution does not have the power to manipulate anything, saying that a discussion will be presented based on its influence is incorrect. Pollution only creates an "effect". Therefore, the writer will not get a passing TA score as the response provided is alternate to the required presentation. It indicates a lack of proper vocabulary knowledge and English understanding skills on the part or the writer. Based on this statement, the reason why the full response presentation does not meet the prescribed discussion requirements. This could definitely pull down the overall score to below passing.
OP jennifer97 1 / 1  
Thank you for your feedback. I'll notice your recommendation in my next essays.

Home / Writing Feedback / The reasons for water pollution and its influence on animals and humans