"Recent Moscow State University bachelor in psychology came to an unknown world"

sarapultseva 1 / -  
Please Help, English is my second language and I make weird mistakes all the time!!! If someone can correct my first essay! Please!

My life changed after I moved to the United States in 2007. I found new friends, new opportunities, new challenges, and my soul freedom. Recent Moscow State University bachelor in psychology came to an unknown world to see what she can do with all of it and prove that optimism is not always an insufficient amount of information.

Let me introduce myself here. My name is *** and I am ** years old. Throughout all this time, I've been studying: ten years at school, five at University, and now again - at ***. I do believe that continuing learning is the key to success in everything you do. There are different reasons why, but my favorite one is that education gives you a special vision of the world, a more complete picture of your personality. Furthermore, this gained knowledge will always stay with you; this is something you will never lose, and it does not matter what country you choose to live in.

I moved to the United States when I was 22 years old and just graduated from Russian "Number One" University. First city on the map was Miami Beach where I spend two years. Long story short, I fall in love, married, decided to stay and be happy ever after. Everything seemed to be so easy and bright back in time, until I started to face all kinds of the challenges. Every other day started with a new one: language difficulties, cultural misconnect, simply misunderstanding many topics; list goes on and on. I have to admit that at some point of time self esteem of previously successful and never afraid of anything person felt far below zero.

Therefore, it was exactly the period when I found out that life is a fascinating time of interesting things to see and do. I met new friends who read the same books as I did, people who agreed with me on many important for me issues, new teachers who introduced me to English literature, culture, and humanities. Not only language barriers started to disappear but also it felt like I became more interesting person. I saw myself differently from what I was a couple years ago, it was not old me anymore. Instead, my personality developed "brand new" competencies. I learned how to maintain trust and working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity. I became a good listener and stopped being afraid of constructive critics. This change also helped me to realize that this beautiful world is full of amazing people and great events. It is hard to start admiring them, but once you did, it is impossible to stop. As far as I am concerned, this is how your world and life visions are growing.

That been said, I would love to say a few words of gratitude to my family and my teachers, it is because of them I was able to learn and gain my capabilities to perceive the new information. My friends always tell me: "You are so lucky!", well, I guess I am. Like breathing helps to connect your body with your mind, knowledge (and I mean education) is here to help you find who you really are and to set your future goals.

To conclude all of the above I would like to quote Chuck Palahniuk, one of my favorite authors. "The lower you fall, the higher you'll fly." In the other words, we live to extend our "zones of proximal development." Sometimes it is incredible difficult to achieve many goals and face challenges. Therefore, your education, ability to learn, and positive attitude will walk you through all of it, and the longer you study the higher you will fly throughout new life. Education is not just a career, it is the whole other reality and we all should at least try it, shall we?
Let me introduce myself here. My name is ***, and I am ** years old. Throughout all this time, I've been...

above, I added a comma: "my name is *****," and...

You write very nicely! I found one of those weird mistakes, though:
The first city on the map was Miami Beach, where I spent two years.

I have to admit that at some points in time my self-esteem of previously successful and never afraid of anything person felt far below zero.

In addition to the fact that language barriers started to disappear, I also felt like I became more interesting person. I saw myself differently from what I was a couple years ago; it was not old me anymore.

Chuck Palahniuk, one of my favorite authors, said, " The lower you fall, the higher you'll fly." In othe r words, we live to extend our "zones of proximal development."

Education is not just for preparing for a career; it is a whole separate reality, and we all should at least try it, shouldn't we?

Home / Writing Feedback / "Recent Moscow State University bachelor in psychology came to an unknown world"