Ielts task 2. In recent years, people are likely to live alone instead of starting a family

Mai Nhu Y 1 / -  

the "single life" have gained popularity nowadays

In some countries, many more people are choosing to live alone nowadays than in the past. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?

In recent years, people are likely to live alone instead of starting a family because of some reasons. While some of them think that it has affected seriously to society, I suppose it could have both positive and negative consequences in equal measure.

In some nations, many people may prefer pursuing their career to getting married. Personally, it is beneficial to set up home on their own When more and more people decide to live independently, it may help population decrease gradually through time, which leads to family planning is controlled effectively to governments. In addition, humans have not been put under pressure about family finances that means they will not become a burden to anyone as well as no one has to feel the burden from them. It will be easier to promote the high position as they want if they sacrifice most of time for working instead of preparing a marriage. Therefore, the focus on career development may support them and their family later to be better lives and have a positive effect on the country's economy.

However, a rise in demand for home tends to push the country into housing shortages because of independent lifestyle. Governments could not tackle the expansion of land for each individual when some countries must enhance in education, health facilities and some important trades by building many places to serve people's lives. It leads to property prices and rents increase rapidly. Consequently, residents earn low wages and inability to work who will be at the risk of homelessness.

In conclusion, no matter how advantage and even disadvantages have, I recognize that young generation have an interest in single life rather than marrying someone.
rearthinkite381 1 / 3  
some mistakes i found.
hope them helpful,

it may help population decrease => the rate of population will be decresed.

put under pressure about => on

the focus on career => focusing

In short, your gammar is very good.
you should focus on explaining your ideas more clearly and need some detailed inf to make your topic ideas vivid.
The essay prompt asks you to choose one side to discuss in the essay. This is not a measured response essay that will allow you to discuss the degree of agreement and disagreement in an equal manner. There is no middle discussion point here. It is either you see this as a positive OR negative development. It cannot be both. The reason you need to choose one side is because of the format for the discussion which is:

- Prompt restatement
- Opposing public view
- Reasons you do not support the public view
- Conclusion

The essay is asking you to analyze the problem based on your understanding of the situation presented. Based on what you know from public examples, public knowledge, and personal information, you should be able to present a strong supporting position for an opposing point of view. The format could be:

- ... I view this as a negative development.
- In other countries... (use only one reason)
- From what I understand though... Hence my belief that this should not be considered an affirmative development.
- In the end, considering the worldwide view that... Then allowing for my personal opinion that... It is easy to understand why this discussion leans more towards a bad result.

Again, the task 2 essay is all about your ability to analyze a given situation / topic. Make sure that you understand the question enough to be able to write in the required format. Normally, one reason per paragraph works better in this type of discussion topic. Just make sure the paragraphs relate in the discussion presentation.
thingoc 1 / 3  
In my opinion, you should learn how to develop a paragraph better. For example, In the second paragraph "In some nations, many people may prefer pursuing their career to getting married. Personally, it is beneficial to set up home on their own When more and more people decide to live independently,..." so it is expected to develop why people prefer to pursue their carreer instead of getting married. However, you mention about aspects about the benefits of getting married.

I hope it will help you.
corn 2 / 2  
You should replace affect=impact
And positive= benefits
Negative=drawbacks

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts task 2. In recent years, people are likely to live alone instead of starting a family