Recently, abortion increases rapidly and becomes a controversial topic [IELTS]

kunalsikri 1 / 6  

Recently, abortion increases rapidly and becomes a controversial topic.

Some people suppose that abortion should be legal while others are against it.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

In the recent years, there are has been rise in numbers of women aborting the unborn child. While some people believe that abortion itself should be banned, However, I would argue that abortion should be made legal but only in certain cases. In this essay, I will discuss both sides and elaborate my opinion.

On the one side, there is view that abortion should be illegal due to number of problems, one of most important being unborn child's sex preference. This is a problem because, there has been huge fall in population of female in certain countries as certain illiterate people prefer to give birth to a boy over a girl and do not hesitate to murder the unborn just for sake of choice. As an example, in country India, 1 Million female fetus have been aborted in last decade as the mother's preferred to give birth to a boy and this female fetus abortion number is continuously rising every single day.

Nevertheless, in my opinion abortion should be made legal but only in certain cases. Not everyone is ready to give birth to a child. For instance, there have been several cases in which minors were raped, which lead them to pregnancy. As per the research there is higher chance of unborn loosing life during delivery if the mother is minor. In addition, as it is increasingly common for teenagers these days to have pre-marital physical relationship with their partners and certain times under the influence of alcohol or emotions they end up with pregnancy burdens. Which is a problem, the only solution to this is abortion as minors cannot be pushed to give birth when they themselves are not experienced and settled in their lives.

In conclusion, While some people abortion to be banned to issues like female feticide, I argue that it should be made legal but only in certain situations where the mother is not mentally and physically prepared to give birth to the child.
chinhsy2 4 / 5  
I believe this is quite an excellent essay you have produced, however, that is either because I'm not a proper corrector or I'm a lousy writer. You should pay attention to your uppercase letters. The conclusion paragraph contains a slight mistake.
OP kunalsikri 1 / 6  
@chinhsy2
Yep, Thank you, got the conclusion error. However, I believe there must be more things to improve.
Anyways, appreciate your time.

Home / Writing Feedback / Recently, abortion increases rapidly and becomes a controversial topic [IELTS]