Recently, more emphasis has been put on when to commence teaching foreign language to children

Kanu 1 / 1  
IELTS TASK 2:
Experts believe that it is better for children to study foreign language in primary school rather than secondary school.

Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantage?.

Recently, more emphasis has been put on when to commence teaching foreign language to children. To this end, many experts opine that it is better for children to learn foreign language during primary school's education program rather than secondary schools. While learning other languages in primary school has a certain drawbacks, I believe the benefits of this practice are more significant.

Granted, students in primary level education are studying a plethora of different curriculums and placing another challenging subject such as foreign language into their daily routines could irrefutably be detrimental to their educational progress. In order to mature, a child needs to balance between recreational activities and educational programs. Implementing foreign languages will substitute children's playtime, subsequently, it will leave an adverse bearing to this new generation . Mexican children perfectly epitomizes this phenomenon, the majority of Mexican's children are usually forced to learn both English and Mexican at a young age in order to facilitate the process of attaining a job in the neighbor country, America. Without a proper childhood, these children often lack sympathy and common sense, thus leading to a life of perpetual menial works and almost no social connection.

However, the aforementioned point cannot neglect the overall benefit that early language nurture entails. Young children are more inclined to adapt with a new language once they are taught. This phenomenon has been verified by scientists throughout the world. As the brain develops, informations and knowledge are easily acquired, therefore languages can be learnt insouciantly among the children. According to a recent study by the Peking University, children who commenced foreign language learning around the age range of 11 to 15 shown superiority in English compared to those who only started in their adulthood. Furthermore, the ability to fluently speak two languages are valued by international conglomerate, therefore starting at a young age is recommended.

In conclusion, taking in another language during primary school can overwhelm students and negatively impacts their adulthood, yet the ability to adapt to the language quickly and job prospects are far more important.

I'm trying to attain band 7.5 in Writing, please give me your feedbacks, i would appreciate it a lot!.
The writer needs to understand that using advanced English words that do not lend itself to everyday conversation does not help to increase the overall score. A task 2 essay is approached from an easy to read and understand reference point. Aim to explain to the everyday reader, not an academic or professional audience. Specialized writing in terms of terminology is (sometimes) used in Task 1 essays only as that is the essay that specifies an audience and field related terms. Do not overcomplicate the task 2 presentation. That is when the score tends to suffer the most.

A better analysis of the topic presentation is required. The focus is on language learning in a classroom setting. A child's playtime is not relevant to the discussion. Inclusion of researched information with mention of the source does not mean it is public knowledge.That means it was researched. Made up information is acceptable and should be referred to without sources to stay within the discussion guidelines.

The discussion presented is strong and shows a knowledge of current events. The writer must learn to use a natural sounding voice though rather than setting out to impress. Simplicity of discussion scores best because of the focus on discussion quality and ease of presentation.
OP Kanu 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot Holt, that means a lot to me.

Home / Writing Feedback / Recently, more emphasis has been put on when to commence teaching foreign language to children