Recently, more and more rubbish are being produced by human being around the world

imchang 6 / 1  

Nowadays we are producing more and more rubbish.

Why do you think this is happening?
What can governments do to help reduce the amount of rubbish produced?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Recently, more and more rubbish are being produced by human being around the world, which result in environmental pollution and spreading of disease. This essay will discuss the reasons of the increase in the amount of rubbish and provide some suggestions for the government to solve this problem.

In my opinion, modern time and fast-paced lifestyle encourage people to care more about money instead of environmental protection. As a result, people only concentrate on own profits and ignore the harmful results that things may lead to. McDonald, for instance, provides plastic spoons, forks and disks to all customers who enjoy the food right inside the restaurant, instead of employing a disk cleaner for that. All these tools are then being thrown into the rubbish bin after the meal, which causes the increase of rubbish produced. Judging from this, the selfishness of people and the decisions of the company is one of the factor causing more rubbish.

To slow down the increasing rate of rubbish produced, the government should design and set up relevant environmental protection policies to tackle the problem. One of the advice is that the government can impose taxes on products which are made of plastic, therefore people will choose to buy less plastic items as they have to pay more money than before. Take Taiwan as an example, the government of Taiwan collects taxes from shops which use plastic bags in their service. In view of this, the policy can definitely reduce the amount of rubbish produced by citizens.

Since the majority of rubbish produce are made by commercial stakeholders, with the step taken by the government towards this issue, it is my firm conviction that this can help in controlling the amount of garbage produced.

Please score my essay, thank you so much!
Phuongnguyen256 7 / 12 2  
results
with the step ... this issue, it is my firm conviction that this can help ... garbage produced.
-> ..... once the government takes strict actions to address the rubbish problem, the amount of garbage produced will absolutely be under control.
6.5

Home / Writing Feedback / Recently, more and more rubbish are being produced by human being around the world