IELTS Task2: Recycling of waste materials

rivathh 5 / 10 6  
In some countries, there is not enough recycling of waste materials (e.g. paper, glass, and cans).

What are the reasons and solutions?

In some nations, people do not recycle their waste materials as much as they could. There are several reasons why people do not recycle and some approaches should be taken to change such a scenario.

One of the reasons is that people are ignorant about the importance of recycling. They don't know about the process of recycling or the close relation between recycling and environment protection. Furthermore, people are too busy on their own lives to pay enough attention to it. They are used to dispose the rubbish directly for time saving or for convenience. In these situation, government plays an important role to take actions for fear of more harmful behaviors to our environment. Without doing so, it is difficult for people to aware the importance of recycling.

To deal with above problems, several steps can be taken. Government can plan for some advertising campaigns on TV or Internet to teach some tips about recycling. These promotion will catch the public's attention and change their behavior gradually. Otherwise, the education about recycling must be carried out in the school, which can build children's sense of responsibility to protect our environment at their early age. With these efforts, government can not only raise more concern about recycling among people, but also boost the recycling industry because of the potential profits.

In conclusion, the environmental issues are more and more importance. Government around the globe must implement some related policy in order to raise the awareness among people.
jocelyne001 9 / 21 13  
Hello~

I have some suggestions for you.

Firstly, I think you can add more information of the background of recycling in the first paragraph like Nowadays, although recycling has become a trend all over the world..., so it would be easier for readers to follow in and know the main point of your essay.

Secondly, personally speaking, you can explain more in the factors affecting people's behaviour in recycling. The arguments seem too short and brief for me. Also, the last four sentences in the second paragraph should be moved into third paragraph, since it's not relevant to things you want to express there and would be repetitive with the solutions below. Therefore, I highly recommend you to add more details, arguments or examples in the second paragraph. By doing so, your statement would be more convincing.

Apart from suggestions above, I think you have the good ability in using some adverbs such as furthermore and phrases like in this situation to connect your sentences logically.

Hope my suggestions are helpful for you~
OP rivathh 5 / 10 6  
Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
@jocelyne001

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task2: Recycling of waste materials