Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Reduction of packaging involves both producers and consumers

angga93 42 / 74 20  
Some people feel that manufacturers and supermarkets have the responsibility to reduce the amount of packaging of goods. While others argue that customers should avoid buying goods with a lot of packaging. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

In this decade, people throw much more packaging garbage than in retrospect era. This concern creates a belief that producers and sellers have to pack their products efficiently. Meanwhile, the opposites state that it depends more on customer's choice of packaging when they buy goods. In my opinion, all parts of societies have responsibility to reduce the number of rubbish from packaging materials.

It is true that manufacturers as well as shops have an obligation to control the amount and type of packaging materials such as cardboard, styrofoam and plastic wrap. They have to consider every drawback and benefit of particular way to pack their products. In fact, many companies choose to pack their delicate item in many different materials to avoid damage in its shipment and usually, the dimension of the packaging is a lot bigger than the actual size of the items. Moreover, supermarkets which sell this product also provide extra packaging, such as plastic bag and cardboard to help customers bring their buggies. In all, it is clear that factories and shops have to make their packaging system more effective because those huge amount of packaging materials will end up as a waste.

From another point of view, consumers also take part in the inefficiency of packaging. If they continuously tend to chose goods with interesting packaging which use plenty of matters, the company will receive this feedback and create more interesting packaging to attract customers more. In addition, if the costumers keep asking for plastic bags to wrap their goods, they will directly increase packaging waste. For this reason, people should bring their own bags when they go shopping so that they do not need a plastic back or cardboard from supermarkets. All in all, the consumers also have to take a part in packaging reduction.

To sum up, it is evident that both the sellers and the buyers equally have responsibility to reduce the use of packaging materials. In my view, recycling packaging materials is the best way to reduce the amount of packaging.

Home / Writing Feedback / Reduction of packaging involves both producers and consumers