A letter of reference to my English teacher from the previous school (IELTS TASK ONE)

Jimmy879873 26 / 55 13  
Your are applying for a job and need a letter of reference.

Write a letter to a former teacher

In your letter:
- give details of the job
- explain why it is important to you
- suggest what information your teacher could put in the reference.

Dear Mr. Smith,

It has been a while since we spoke last time at the graduation and I appreciated the effort of tireless teaching from you which shaped me well in the subject of English back in the day. I am writing this letter to you because I am applying for an English teacher position and I needed a letter of your reference.

To be specific, the job that I am applying is a primary school that near my house and I will be teaching English to the age of six to twelve years old. Basic grammars and oral presentation are the main focuses and I will also be organising many fun activities for them to enhance their concentration in class.

More importantly, it is my first job and it has always been my dream to teach children so therefore, it would be great if you could write me a letter regarding my academic results and also my study preferences overall.

Thanks again for your help and I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

CJ

Words: 176

Thanks!
SG, let me revise the letter for you because it will be more difficult to show you how to correct your mistakes if I do not do that. Don't worry, I will still be using your original work so you can see how it can be improved from its current format.

Dear Mr. Smith,

The last time we spoke was at my graduation. I told you back then how much I appreciate your tireless efforts in educating me because it helped shaped me into the person I am today. I am also a better English speaker because of your never ceasing support as I learned the language. I am coming to you today to ask for your help one more time. I hope you can find the time to assist a former student who is still in need of your support.

I am applying to become an English teacher and my application requires me to submit a letter of recommendation. Naturally, my first thought was to approach my favorite teacher from my college days. The application is for a primary school near my residence. The opening is for an English teacher for children ages 6- 12. I am sure that you are quite familiar with the requirements of the job so I won't be repeating it to you.

This will be my first job. You already know that I have been inclined to become an English teacher ever since my college days. With your help, I could make that aspiration a reality. All I need from you is a simple letter of recommendation regarding my academic results and study preferences.

It is with great hope that I look forward to a speedy reply from you.

All the best,

Home / Writing Feedback / A letter of reference to my English teacher from the previous school (IELTS TASK ONE)